All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Role and responsibilities
The Information Field Assistant is responsible for providing quality information and counselling to beneficiaries and, through this work, developing better understanding of the protection situation for the target communities.
- Develop and manage a weekly activity plan for the provision of information sessions to NRC shelter beneficiaries at the household level, under the supervision of the Information Field Officer.
- Conduct monthly visits to NRC shelter beneficiaries according to agreed procedures and work-plans and work actively to prevent and resolve disputes.
- Gather information on activities being implemented by other humanitarian actors in area where NRC works, and provides it to the Information Field Officer in order to maintain a clear, comprehensive and up-to-date written mapping of services.
- Provide information and counselling to beneficiaries on how to access basic services through individual and group information sessions conducted to NRC shelter beneficiaries at the household level, and to other beneficiaries at NRC centres or other humanitarian organisations and through outreach, in accordance with ICLA structure and guidance, and agreed workplans.
- Provide information and counselling to beneficiaries on legal issues (on legal status, civil documentation, including birth registration, and Housing, Land and Property rights), in accordance with ICLA structure and guidance, and agreed work-plans
- Use agreed templates and tools to document ICLA’s activities in the field and to collect relevant data.
- Provide inputs to ICLA reports on activities and gaps, challenges and opportunities and suggestions as how to respond to them, as required by the Information Field Officer and ICLA Coordinator.
- Carry out related mainstreaming of protection in programme daily implementation as per the set NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines, and ensure reporting any breaches/concerns to the line manager for proper action.
- Prepare and file relevant documents according to procedures
- Arrange appointments with ICLA lawyers and appropriately manage ICLA’s legal assistance cases, in accordance with ICLA structure, guidelines and principles in close liaison with the Legal Field Officer (and / or legal focal points, as relevant
- Provide inputs to the Information Field Officer on information, legal and protection needs of target communities that are identified during the course of information and counselling activities.
- Undertake monitoring and evaluation activities to ensure the satisfactory progress, quality, efficiency and accountability of ICLA’s activities in the Central Bekaa, in accordance with the agreed monitoring and evaluation plan for the Bekaa
- Contribute ideas and enthusiasm towards ensuring a positive morale and professional satisfaction amongst the ICLA team in the Bekaa
- Participate in team meetings with the ICLA team in the Bekaa, exchanging information and discussing ICLA’s response to challenges and identifying lessons learned
- Build and maintain positive and effective relationships with colleagues in other NRC core competencies (Shelter, CCB, Education and WASH) and departments, and, as relevant, find ways of collaborating to further enhance the effectiveness of NRC activities in the Bekaa.
- Liaise on a working-level with other humanitarian actors in order to coordinate activities and exchange information, including attending meetings in close liaison with the IFO and ICLA Coordinator
- Assists in maintaining positive relationships with focal points in host and beneficiary communities through timely and clear sharing of information;
- Identify, train and work closely with Information Focal Points from the refugee and the host community to ensure that NRC shelter beneficiaries have access to information and legal assistance.
- Undertake routine administrative tasks, as requested by the IFO and ICLA Coordinator;
- Responsible for ensuring that he / she understands and follows NRC security and safety guidance at all times
- Name and organise ICLA project documents in a timely manner and in accordance with the ICLA filing structure and principles of confidentiality and protection
- Assist in following established referral pathways and procedures in the Bekaa
- ICLA’s information field assistant will work closely with other NRC employees, including Shelter, Education, CMC and WASH teams.
- ICLA field teams
- Humanitarian actors
- Beneficiaries and host communities
1. Professional competencies
- Bachelors’ degree in Law, International Relations or Social Sciences
- 1 year of relevant work experience
- Experience in conflict resolution (highly desirable)
- Experience in legal and / or protection work in a humanitarian context
- Experience of providing information and counselling services (desirable)
- Knowledge of English is essential
- Proficiency in MS Office
2. Behavioral competencies
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Planning and delivering results
- Coping to change
- Handling insecure environments.