We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Job Title: Information and Knowledge Management Specialist
Department/Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reports To: Learning Specialist
Type: Regular Full-Time
Overview: IBTCI is seeking an Information and Knowledge Management Specialist for a third-party monitoring contract based in Nairobi, Kenya to manage and support the organization’s programming, engineering and automating the projects data/information management and related repositories, its periodic, quarterly, and annual management cycle systems and processes, and the project’s key business processes (data collection, verification, processing, and utilization value chain). This position is open to Kenyan Nationals only.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Lead the operations and management of the Management Information System (MIS) and its applications, (e.g., security best practices, permissions management, configuration of workflows, configuration of data input screens and generation of reports); including configuration of the system for future deployment;
- Manages and maintains the overall information/data cataloguing, processing, filing and tracking systems for the project, this includes secondary data from IPs, secondary data from other sources, primary data from the project’s subcontractors;
- Participate in the development and maintenance of SMLP IP activities/sites databases, and maintains accurate SMLP analytics, tracking of data sharing cycles and schedules with IPs, subcontractors, and other IBTCI staff;
- Partner with the SMLP team in completing qualitative data coding utilizing the available tools as per the project design, such as Atlas and other applicable tools;
- Lead development and maintenance of extensive monitoring surveys and other data collection tools;
- Work with the Learning Specialist on data analysis and research methodologies;
- Other duties as assigned by the Learning Specialist and COP.
- Three (3) years’ experience and knowledge of computer systems, and other systems related to information management of electronic and hard copy data. Knowledge of various database systems and hardware requirements is required.
- Experience with field data collection using mobile technology required.
- Interpersonal skills in relating to and communicating with project staff, senior management and training staff in-person and/or via virtual methods is necessary.
- Strong Oral and written fluency in English required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent skills in web development and open source operating systems, open source tools including PHP and PHP frameworks, Elixir, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Vue, HTML5, ODK;
- Knowledge of and experience in development of information management systems (MIS), interactive databases, and other academic/research platforms.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with data visualization desired
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or related field is required, a Master’s degree is preferred or Bachelor’s degree in Computer engineering/Science; an Advanced degree within a social science and/or IT or equivalent will be an added advantage.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel not required
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in Keyna
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at TalentAcquisition@ibtci.com (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page).