International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Information and Knowledge Management Specialist
Department/Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reports To: Chief of Party
Type: Regular Full-Time
Overview: IBTCI is seeking an Information and Knowledge Management Specialist for a third-party monitoring contract based in Nairobi, Kenya to manage and support the organization’s programming, reengineering and automating the projects data/information management and related repositories, its periodic, quarterly, and annual management cycle systems and processes, and the project’s key business processes (data collection, verification, processing, and utilization value chain). This position is open to Kenyan Nationals only.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Lead the operations and management of the Management Information System (MIS) and its applications, (e.g., security best practices, permissions management, configuration of workflows, configuration of data input screens and generation of reports); including configuration of the system for future deployment;
- Manages and maintains the overall information/data cataloguing, processing, filing and tracking systems for the project, this includes secondary data from IPs, secondary data from other sources, primary data from the project’s subcontractors;
- Participate in the development and maintenance of SMLP IP activities/sites databases, and maintains accurate SMLP analytics, tracking of data sharing cycles and schedules with IPs, subcontractors, and other IBTCI staff;
- Partner with the SMLP team in completing qualitative data coding utilizing the available tools as per the project design, such as Atlas and other applicable tools;
- Lead in the review of all electronic resources including the ODP and provide support to all SMLP databases in synchronization with the SMLP Team;
- Other duties as assigned by the DCOP or COP.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent skills in web development and open source operating systems, open source tools including PHP and PHP frameworks, Elixir, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Vue, HTML5;
- Knowledge of and experience in development of information management systems (MIS) and products with excellent practical and theoretical understanding of M&E System and excellent usage of Microsoft Access /Excel in information technology work and data collection and analysis is mandatory;
- Knowledge of ICT and financial products in the context of the operations of humanitarian and development actors and ability to develop training products and conduct quality training for aid recipients, staff and stakeholders.
- Three (3) years’ experience and knowledge of computer systems, and other systems related to information management of electronic and hard copy data. Knowledge of various database systems and hardware requirements is required.
- Experience with field data collection using mobile technology required.
- Interpersonal skills in relating to and communicating with project staff, senior management and training staff in-person and/or via virtual methods is necessary.
- Strong Oral and written fluency in English required.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or related field is required, a Master’s degree is preferred or Bachelor’s degree in Computer engineering/Science; an Advanced degree within a social science and/or IT or equivalent will be an added advantage.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel not required.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in Kenya.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.