PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
The BID Initiative’s strategy is based on the premise that better data, plus better decisions, will lead to better health outcomes. Its vision is to empower countries to enhance immunization and overall health service delivery through improved data collection, quality, and use. The BID Initiative will shine a light on the challenges surrounding data collection, quality, and use, and identify practical, country-owned, country-led solutions in immunization that could spread to other health interventions. The Initiative will partner with countries and global health stakeholders to develop and deploy a holistic and scalable approach that focuses on information system products, data management policies, and the practices of people that use them in order to enable evidence-based decision making. These components will be packaged into a replicable solution that can be easily and cost-effectively adapted by additional countries interested in using it to improve their immunization management. If successful, a true tipping point will occur—one in which countries can access, analyze, and act upon accurate immunization data—anytime, anywhere, resulting in improved immunization outcomes.
PATH is currently recruiting for three (3) Implementation Officers to be based in Livingstone who will be responsible for the implementation of information systems in health facilities throughout the Southern and Western Province. In addition, the Implementation Officers will provide ongoing technical assistance to health facilities using the various systems and providing ongoing support to ensure smooth operations. The Implementation Officers will be assigned specific districts and clinics as their responsibility area and will work in coordination with a team to implement systems and new practices across the provinces. The duration of this employment will 12 months.
- Implementing all Change Management and quality improvement efforts for the BID Initiative in Southern and Western Province.
- Engaging health staff and providing capacity building activities to influence a data use culture and compliment government capacity for support supervision
- Documenting challenges, success stories and lessons learnt to share with management for continuous improvement of implementation strategies
- Basic Setting up and installing of computer software and hardware
- Documenting daily feedback from the facilities on testing for packaging and decision making
- Submit timely reports as required by management.
- Conducting training sessions for Health Care Workers on the use of electronic systems and data collection tools
- Conducting in-depth interviews with health facility staff
- Scheduling and conducting regular visits to health facilities to monitor ongoing activities.
- Maintaining data integrity, confidentiality, and security of all data collected from the field.
- Trouble shooting/problem solving for the system as need arises.
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.