Please submit a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in this position and how you meet the requirements. Application materials must be submitted in English and applicants must have legal authorization to work in Vietnam to be considered and confirm this in their cover letter. PATH offers a highly dynamic work environment and provides competitive compensation and benefits based on experience. Salary and benefit package are paid in VND.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide. Working in Vietnam since the early 1980s, PATH established a permanent office in Hanoi in 1997 and an office in Ho Chi Minh City in 2014.
Infectious Disease Detection and Surveillance (IDDS) is a five-year USAID-funded project with the following overall objectives: (1) Improve the detection of diseases of public health importance and identification of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in priority infectious diseases through an accessible, accurate, adaptable, timely, and integrated diagnostic network system; (2)Improve the quality of real-time surveillance systems for pathogens of greatest public health concern, including AMR and zoonotic diseases, and; (3) Generate evidence-based guidance and innovative solutions to strengthen in-country diagnostic networks and surveillance systems.
PATH is seeking the IDDS Surveillance Team Lead to be responsible for technical direction and overall management of activities in Vietnam as well as coordination with other project team members and partners who lead specific activities. The IDDS Surveillance Team Lead will work closely with USAID/Vietnam to provide thought leadership and represent the project in country. This position reports to the IDDS Project Director based in Rockville, MD; IDDS Project Lead based in Seattle, WA; and PATH Program Director of Global Health Security (GHS) in Vietnam. This position operates under the management and oversight of the IDDS project senior management team, led by the IDDS Project Director.
- Represent IDDS in Vietnam to the USAID mission (Global Health Security Advisor), the Government of Vietnam, and other stakeholders
- Provide technical leadership and assistance in infectious disease surveillance including zoonotic diseases and event-based surveillance
- Ensure IDDS’ activities are aligned with country priorities and are well-coordinated with other organizations working in Vietnam
- Utilize evidence- based methods and best practices to implement workplan activities
- Lead the project team in Vietnam – providing the vision, coordination, resource management, and oversight of technical and administrative staff required to accomplish workplan activities and meet project objectives
- Ensure country financial and technical reporting requirements are met
- Follow established processes to guarantee the technical and programmatic quality of IDDS work in Vietnam and overall responsiveness of the technical team. This can include making necessary adjustments to operations to fit the requirements when necessary or recommended by USAID
- Ensures that any departures in work scope or budget or any legal, regulatory or ethical concerns are promptly reported to IDDS leadership in the US
- Work closely with USAID and with the IDDS US-based team to define and adjust annual work plans as well as implementing technical activities
- Work closely with Global Health Security Agenda, TB program, and other initiatives as are agreed are in the scope for IDDS as well as partners and stakeholders to ensure coordinated approach
- Works collaboratively and coordinates with regional and/or other country Technical Leads as well as team partners on the implementation of activities