- Assist in the direct Implementation of legal and civil identity activities; HLP activities and CDR activities in particular the information and counselling sessions, legal assistance and capacity building trainings
- Assist In the documentation of project achievements and deliverables including compiling periodic reports
- Contribute in the development of training materials and information dissemination materials adapted to the location and context
- Engage in community mobilization and beneficiary engagement
- Provide updates and contribute to an updated M& E system in the country
- Integrate gender, protection and advocacy priorities during ICLA project implementation
- University Degree in law or social sciences from a recognized Nigerian university, a thorough knowledge of the application of Nigerian law in displacement context
- Work experience in the field of law (e.g. courts, attorney or legal aid agencies) and humanitarian protection. Preferably experience in working with displaced populations.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Managing resources to optimize results
- High-level competency in computer skills (Microsoft Office applications)
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Fluency in Hausa and/or Kanuri in one or more of the national/regional languages. Kanuri speaking candidates are strongly encouraged.
- Education title: University Degree in Law from a recognized Nigerian University
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Planning and delivering results
- Handling insecure environment
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect:
- Highest standards of ethnics and integrity
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Commencement: January 2018
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions (Grade Level 4 Step 1)
- Duty station: Maiduguri, with frequent travels. Travel outside Maiduguri is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected