- Generic responsibilities:
- Contribute to the implementation of ICLA projects in central area.
- Contribute to establishment a responsive database with accurate data.
- Support ICLA staff in collecting proper data.
- Provide regular progress reports to the ICLA Coordinator and Project Manger.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities.
- Promote the rights of refugees in line with NRC’s advocacy strategy.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Specific responsibilities:
- Collect and consolidate all ICLA M&E Matrixes from the filed ICLA database assistants on monthly bases.
- Provide gender and age disaggregated monthly and quarterly progress report of the ICLA country level achievements against the reporthub.
- Function as the focal point for the reporthub online reporting platform.
- Function as the ICLA country level database officer.
- Conduct regular meetings with the ICLA database assistants to ensure on time, quality and accurate data collection, entry and reporting.
- Perform daily data entry of the collected documents to the ICLA database.
- Prepare, maintain, and update files (electronic and hard copy).
- Regularly monitor and administer received data collected by the ICLA program staff.
- Ensure data quality through implementing data management controls and procedures.
- Highly respect the anonymity of beneficiaries approaching NRC and the confidentiality of information received from the beneficiaries.
- Communicate and coordinate data validation with a variety of information providers.
- Prepare quantitative reports and printouts on a regular basis and as required.
- Contribute to preparation of monthly reports, thematic reports, and correspondence with government officials and international organizations.
- Provide regular advice on modifying databases to meet the information needs of project managers and improve the data processing and reporting capacity.
- Provide basic training in database use and update for other staff.
- Translate legal cases, notes and documents to and from English while needed
- Perform field visits to ensure the quality of data collected by Programs and to verify the accuracy of reported data.
- Dissemination of monitoring and evaluation data and reports internally and externally.
- Oversight of implementation of M&E systems and tools.
- Ensure monitoring and evaluation data is analyzed to an appropriate standard and that results of analysis inform project decision making.
- Coordinate implementation of surveys, evaluations and researches as requested by management.
- Any other tasks as required.
- Minimum of three years’ professional work experience in relevant field.
- Legal knowledge and legal experience will be an advantage.
- Relevant work experience in data entry and data management.
- Good knowledge of MS Excel and MS Access.
- Good knowledge of database design, maintenance and administration.
- Good command of English and national languages both written and spoken.
- Experience in translation from English to Dari, Pashto and vice versa is preferred.
- Understanding and respect for humanitarian work, particularly relating to refugee and displacement issues.
- Good report writing skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Ability to meet deadlines in multiple-tasking environments.
- Collaborative nature, ability to work well in a team environment.
- Flexibility, creativity, and it helps to if you have a good sense of humor.
- Flexibility to work outside standard working hours.
- Education title: University degree in Computer Science preferably with specialization in Information Systems. Considerable work experience with international and national NGOs in the database system will also be considered in lieu of university degree
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust
- Team player & working with people
- Flexible and creative
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labor Law
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected