Rights Respected, People Protected
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, food security, livelihoods, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors. The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 6000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. NRC runs the world’s largest standby rosters NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
NRC in the Islamic Republic Iran
NRC started operations in Iran in 2012. We currently deliver humanitarian assistance in 9 provinces in the sectors of Education, Food Security and livelihoods, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Shelter construction, as well as Information, Counseling and Legal Assistance (ICLA). We co-lead several technical inter-agency working groups and provide capacity building to humanitarian partners in country. Next to our programs, NRC Iran also built an advocacy unit to develop joint messages and initiatives among INGOs to improve rights of the displaced.
Following several recent breakthroughs, NRC Iran is scaling up substantially its activities in support of the Government of Iran efforts towards an estimated 3,6 million Afghans residing in country and is expanding its programme unit.
About the position: ICLA Coordinator for NRC Iran
NRC is now seeking a dedicated/experienced ICLA Coordinator to manage a team and ensure high quality in implementing delegated portfolio of ICLA projects for NRC Iran Operations.
Our ideal Candidate
Are you NRC’s future ICLA Coordinator in Iran?
NRC has a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated, hard worker and energetic person with a proven track record of managerial skills and efficient experience in related field to give support to a rapidly expanding program.
- Line management of ICLA project field staff.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Contribute to CC strategy development, project proposals and provide input on needs and gaps.
- Manage and implement delegated portfolio of ICLA projects (activities, budget and project documentation) as delegated. from Area Manager in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality.
- Provide regular progress reports to Area Manager.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders.
- Promote the rights of refugees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities.
- at least 2 Experience from project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Technical specific knowledge from the humanitarian sector and SPHERE standards
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English and Farsi, both written and verbal
Duty Station: Tehran (some travel might be expected).
Contract duration/until: End of 2019 with extension possibility.
Salary/Benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and condition