SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization, working in Agriculture, Energy, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene. Founded in the Netherlands in 1965, we have built a long-term, local presence in more than 30 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organizations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
SNV has been working in Cambodia since 2005 using market based solutions; SNV is committed to reducing poverty by catalyzing environmentally sustainable solutions for the poor in agriculture, energy, water & sanitation.
SNV requires professionals to fill in a position of IAP Program and Finance Assistant with the following profile.
- Assist IAP Cambodia Manager in tracking disbursement timelines, processing milestone reports and disbursement claims
- Assist in project monitoring including field assessment and verification of project implementation
- Contribute in collecting lesson learnt, developing learning outputs and case studies
- Support in developing and organizing trainings, meetings and launching events
- Assist the advisory and investment match making activities under the leadership of the IAP Country manager
- Assist the team in preparation of program documentation, paper works, logistic (visa, flight, car, hotel, and others)
- Support some activities related to communication
- Support the Program Finance Manager in booking payments
- Provide interpretation/translation support to advisors in case of need
- Any other duties that may be assigned by IAP Manager
- University graduated: economics, business management, finance and administration, international commerce, etc.
- Two to four years full time work experience in a relevant area with private sector development related projects in Cambodia
- Interest in private sector development and fight against poverty and inequality
- Initiative and creative in solving problems
- Ability to work independently and with the team
- High degree of initiative, flexibility, reliability, discretion and willingness to learn;
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
- Solid computer skills in Excel and Power Point. Experience with financial accounting software is a bonus.
- Willing to travel to other provinces
If you believe that your credentials meet the above profile, we invite you to apply by submitting your CV and a letter of motivation (one page) including salary expectation. Please include in CV all positions, employers, and start and end dates of employment.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: by 9th October 2019.
Contract Duration : 1 year local contract with possibility of extension will be offered.
Contract Type: Local (open to Cambodian nationals only)
Duty Stations: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Desired Start Date: November 2019