Rights Respected, People Protected
NRC in Syria
NRC is in Syria to support people affected by forced displacement (IDPs, returnees, host community etc.) so that they can have access to timely and effective assistance, to cope with the crisis and when the crisis ends return and rebuild their lives. Since the start of its activities in mid-2016 in Syria, NRC has reached with humanitarian assistance more than 360,000 people, out of which more than 150,000 reached in 2018 alone in the Governorates of Damascus, Aleppo and Rif Damascus.
NRC will continue to apply an integrated programming approach, where Education, capacity building, Shelter/WASH, and Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL) programmes work jointly to enable displacement-affected populations to meet their basic needs, enjoy their rights, and benefit from pathways to durable solutions.
The HR Technical Assistant is responsible for supporting the team of human resource matters for NRC Aleppo based projects.
Role Specific Information
- Support HR Officer in the implementation of HR policies and procedures in line with relevant legal provisions
- Receive and handle staff leave and overtime.
- Support in coordinating the new staff induction, as well as exit/leave process.
- Help in facilitating the new staff induction on HR policy and procedure, Whistleblowing policy and Humanitarian principles.
- Support in completing the new staff documents (Contracts, Medical insurance, Proof of Life).
- Help compensation & Benefit Officer in preparing the payroll and arranging all needed documents.
- Support in the recruitment process, in term of running the shortlisting, coordinating with the hiring
- administering the written test.
- Manage the file archiving and make sure the filing records are properly stored as per the filing tree.
- Support in contacting and coordinating with office’s lawyer and Social security representative.
- Help the officer in capacity building initiatives, in term of preparing the logistics and making sure all the arrangements are in place.
- Ready to engage into NRC human resource sector at 360 degrees as per requirements of the mission.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- We are looking for a university graduate in filed of Human Resources, Business Administration, or Human Science with at least 2 years of previous experience in similar field and Previously working with INGOs is preferable
- Previous experience in performing in complex and volatile contexts
- Experience with Office applications (Word-Excel, Access Visio and PowerPoint)
- Conversant with or interested in INGO and NGO programming (i.e. shelter, education etc.).
- Fluency in Arabic and English, both written and verbal.
- Ready to travel on mission into different Governorates in Syria
Contract period:Up to one year, renewable based on fund and performance.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station:Syria – Aleppo