- Recruiting staff – this includes developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates.
- Support with the Induction and on-boarding of NRC staff
- Implementing policies on issues like working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management.
- Implementing with line managers HR planning strategies which consider immediate and long-term staff requirements
- Prepare periodic HR reports.
- Provide advice on the incorporation of local labour laws with NRC’s HR policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with relevant partners, suppliers, authorities, lawyers, Pension Office, Medical insurance company, etc
- Maintain up to date record of NRC staff statutory deductions & remissions which include Pensions, NSITF e.t.c
- Maintain and keep records of all NRC staff timesheet
- Payslip preparation for NRC staff
- Leave administration
- Experience from working as a Support Function Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Good university degree from a reputable university preferably Human Resources Management
- A professional degree would be an added advantage
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English both written and verbal
- High-level competency in computer skills (Microsoft Office Applications
- Administration / Organisation / Management
- Social science
- Office administration
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environment
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Commencement: ASAP/September 2019
- Duration: 4 months (One year renewal)
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions. Grade level 5, Step 1
- Duty station: Yola, with frequent travels. Travel outside Yola is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- Approved health certficate will be requested before contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected