Title: Human Resources Coordinator
Department: Human Resources
Reporting to: Lead, HR Technology and Innovation
Based in Washington DC
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing.
There are over 8,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI is seeking a self-motivated, detail oriented Human Resources Coordinator to support PSI’s Human Resources operations. The values that guide our work are playful professionalism, innovative thinking, the desire to provide the highest level of quality and service to our internal clients, make an impact, and keep it real. We’ve been dubbed ‘the problem-solvers of PSI’ – a name we’re proud of. So, if you love a good challenge, and care about making a difference both big and small, read on!
The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for administrative and operational support to the overall HR department. While this position will report to the Lead, HR Technology & Innovation, this role will work on projects across the HR team and receive functional supervision from the functional leads. This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in building their experience in human resources, particularly in an international non-profit setting.
Sound like you? Read on to find out more.
- Provide support to HR operations, talent advisors, talent acquisition, total rewards and talent development. Duties include (but are not limited to): oversight and management of the employee life cycle, management of electronic and personnel records and monitoring the HR budget.
- Ensure consistent application of HR practices and policies, including employment eligibility, monitoring compliance and global mobility packages for international staff.
- Liaise with the talent development and talent acquisition teams to optimize onboarding, off boarding and training processes for PSI staff.
- Lead small, ad hoc projects such as employee handbook tracking, managing job profiles and HR system updates or implementations.
- Manage departmental cross-cutting programs such as HR metrics reporting and editing SharePoint pages.
- Manage shared departmental inboxes and responding to phone and email inquiries. Troubleshooting and if necessary, escalating, issues as needed.
- Provide logistical, ongoing support for HR meetings and trainings.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in business administration, human resources, international relations, or other related fields.
- A minimum of two-three years of professional work experience in a Human Resources department.
- Some experience working in an NGO or donor funded organization preferred.
- Experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required. Knowledge of HRIS-based software and SharePoint preferred.
- Ability to anticipate departmental needs, problem-solve and tackle problems with enthusiasm, have excellent attention to detail, and interpret policy for decision making.
- A keen sense of urgency and ability to multi-task and meet deadlines, positive mindset, and comfort with the ambiguity and pace of a dynamic organization.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written. You’re great about proactively reaching out to others to offer your support.
- A ‘People-First’ mindset, prompt, reliable, considerate and have great attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality for sensitive issues.
- PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position. Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
- References will be required.
Successful candidates will possess the ability to work and maintain confidential information in a discreet and professional manner; the ability to manage large workloads; excellent organizational skills, with special attention to detail; exceptional communication skills, and polished presentation manner; willingness to take initiative, anticipate needs and problem solve; ability to work under pressure and maintain a pleasant and helpful attitude; and sound judgement and reliability.