Position: Human Resources Consultant – Ethiopia
Location: Addis Ababa/Amhara
Reporting to: Country Director, with technical reporting to the Regional HR Manager (RHRM), Africa.
Duration- Three Months subject to extension
Expected Starting Date– December 1st, 2020
Travel- Ability to Travel to cities where RI will have teams
Relief International is a leading non-profit organization working in 18 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty. RI has been working in Africa since 2005, delivering integrated Health, WASH, Economic Opportunity, and Nutrition projects.
Relief International (RI) was registered in Ethiopia in 2019, and is planning to launch an emergency response in light of the conflict in Ethiopia’s Tigray region. The overall objective of the response is to provide Health and Wash intervention to communities in the border areas between Tigray, Amhara, and Afar regions which are particularly affected by the conflict which has already displaced over 30,000 people.
Purpose of the Consultancy:
The purpose of this consultancy is to identify and set up RI office in Ethiopia (Addis/Amhara), lead rapid recruitment and deployment of key staff to Tigray region, and work with the Country Representative to set up HR and operational structures that complies with local legislation in Ethiopia.
Duration: The contract duration is estimated to be approx. 3-6 months with a starting date of December 1, 2020, and flexibility to be extended further depending on funding.
- Set up RI office in Ethiopia working with the Country Director
- Lead rapid recruitment and deployment of critical staff
- Lead and support all HR functions for Ethiopia in close coordination with the Regional HR Manager (RHRM).
- Set up HR & operations structure that complies with local labor law
- Coordinate HR & Administrative activities with key functional leads in the region including RHRM, Regional Finance Manager, Regional Program Director, etc.)
- Coordinate activities and provide routine report to RI Leadership in Ethiopia
Minimum Qualification & Experience:
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Proven experience leading similar roles with at least 5 years’ experience, preferably with an International NGO
- In depth expertise in Ethiopia local labor law, payroll compliance, and labor market in Ethiopia
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or equivalent qualification. An HR Certification is a plus
- Ability to organize and deliver multiple tasks in a timely manner, prioritizing and seeking alternative solutions to problems when appropriate
- Proven ability to remain calm, focused and organized and to deliver results on time when under pressure and within rapidly changing circumstances.
- Demonstrated experience leading emergency/large scale recruitments.
- A team builder with excellent people skills; culturally sensitive and has the ability and interest to identify and work with a multicultural team.
- Interested candidates should present an application, as follows:
- A brief introduction of the consultant attaching most current CVs with three supervisory references.
- Expected monthly fees
Relief International’s Values:
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
• Transparency and accountability
• Agility and innovation
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are required to submit all the documents listed under ‘’Application’’ before or by November 28th, 2020. We thank everyone who has expressed interest in this role, but we will only be able to contact selected candidates.
Due to the critical and urgent nature of this assignment, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, selected candidates interviewed, and the final candidate/s may be selected prior to the closing date that may appear on any of the job boards where this vacancy is posted.
Ethiopia nationals are particularly encouraged to apply.