Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
In the event that the staff appointed to a new category (i.e. from AS to NS, or from NS to IS) is rated at 2 or lower in the first two performance reviews after appointment at the new level, they will return to the level occupied immediately prior to their appointment in the new category.
Whether the selected candidate is internal or external, and regardless of the type of appointment, any extension of staff beyond age 60 shall be subject to such terms and conditions determined by ADB, including, where relevant, those provided in Section 10 of AO 2.05 (Termination Policy) and its Appendices.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Human Resource Specialist/Senior Human Resource Specialist will lead a broad range of human resources (HR) functions to contribute to the development, implementation, and improvement of human resources policies and programs to support the goals of the HR Strategy. The position is located in the Talent & Performance Center of Excellence and will focus on the design and implementation of talent management initiatives that contribute to building a high performing organization. The incumbent will report to Director, Culture and Talent Division and will supervise National Staff and Administrative Staff.
- Leads projects and initiatives for the development, implementation, and improvement of policies and practices to support the goals of the HR Strategy and align with ADB’s strategic objectives and business requirements.
- Works closely with clients and stakeholders to identify priorities and ensures strategic alignment of services. Collaborates with colleagues to design and deliver integrated solutions. Co-designs content and process of initiatives in collaboration with internal clients, external partners, and stakeholders.
- Supports research initiatives on emerging HR issues and formulation of measures or solutions that have ADB-wide application. Supports the handling of complex or unconventional talent-related questions or problems referred from other HR functional units.
- Formulates and implements responsive HR policies, programs and services to pursue excellence and encourage high staff engagement and morale. Conducts regular review of existing programs and policies to incorporate feedback for improvement.
- Leads the design and implementation of Talent Management-related initiatives, such as Talent Review and Staff Mobility Program. Manages staff and budget for the effective implementation of staff rotation exercise. Participates in other Talent Management-related projects and ensures that these are aligned to the strategic needs of ADB. Fosters alignment of Talent Management programs with other organizational initiatives.
- Estimates and manages programs’ annual budget and monitors its usage. Manages external consultants from its sourcing, selection, and partnership to ensure that outcomes are delivered in a timely manner.
- Monitors the efficiency and effectiveness of work methods and processes and makes improvements as required. Liaises closely with colleagues and clients to ensure effective and smooth service design and delivery, recommending improvements on interrelated processes.
- Keeps abreast of Talent Management developments, trends and metrics, and regularly engages in knowledge sharing with colleagues.
- Supervises the performance of reporting staff, providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance. Ensures the on-going learning and development of reporting staff.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Master’s degree in Business or Public Administration, Human Resources, Organizational Development, Economics, Social Sciences or related fields. University degree in Business or Public Administration, Human Resources, Economics, Social Sciences or related fields combined with at least 5 years specialized experience relevant to the position in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- At least 8 years relevant international experience in various facets of HR management, preferably in international development finance institutions or multinational organizations.
- Experience in the design and delivery of Talent and Career Management programs within an international context.
- Proven application of in-depth knowledge and skills related to Talent and Career Management.
- Please refer to the link to ADB Competency Framework for International Staff Level 4 and Level 5.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.