Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
In the event that the staff appointed to a new category (i.e. from AS to NS, or from NS to IS) is rated at 2 or lower in the first two performance reviews after appointment at the new level, they will return to the level occupied immediately prior to their appointment in the new category.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The (Associate) Human Resource Officer will be part of the division’s Center of Excellence (CoE) for Culture & Engagement covering cultural transformation, diversity, inclusion and belonging, well-being programs, staff engagement and experience, and future of work – including work from home. In an efficient, effective, and client-oriented manner, the incumbent supports the design and implementation of various initiatives and programs within the areas of the CoE. The incumbent will report to designated International Staff.
- Conduct research and support the development, design and implementation of initiatives and programs primarily within employee engagement, employee experience, culture transformation, and employee well-being. On a needs basis support development and design of other programs and initiatives belonging to the CoE such as Future of work including work from home and diversity, inclusion and belonging (DIB).
- Design and implement communication campaigns targeted at but not limited to employee engagement, employee experience and culture transformation
- Download and analyze employee engagement survey data and develop reports as needed.
- Propose actionable and targeted change management plans focusing on achieving impact for new or revamped HR projects, programs, or services. Develop communication products, provide briefings/training and other support measures as required to ensure effective change management.
- Assist in the preparation of speeches and presentations within the CoE’s program and initiatives.
- Develop, maintain, and update guidelines for specific processes, FAQs, records and databases, information systems and dashboards.
- Manage contracts through the CMS (Consultant Management System) of experts sourced externally by ADB to deliver key program initiatives. Engage and liaise with consultants on contract matters.
- Monitor the efficiency and effectiveness of work methods and processes and make improvements as required.
- Maintain good working relationships with internal clients and stakeholders and assist in meeting specific request for support from other departments/divisions in ADB.
- Work across the division with other CoE’s as requested.
- Perform other tasks as assigned and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Social Sciences, Communication, Business, and other related discipline. A certificate program or other relevant training within HR or communication is preferred.
- At least 6 years of relevant experience preferably in the field of developing and designing programs to support employee engagement initiatives, employee engagement surveys, employee communication campaigns and culture change in development institutions, international organizations, private or public institutions or consultancies. Experience with well-being initiatives and programs would be an advantage.
- Solid experience in designing communication campaigns within employee engagement, employee experience and preferably also with cultural change initiatives.
- Experience in designing and implementing impact focused change management initiatives.
- Strong analytical skills to develop and interpret employee engagement surveys and the writing of reports. Ability to collect, organize, and interpret big data would be an advantage.
- Focus on long-term planning working towards goals in a structured way with attention to detail.
- Familiarity working in a multicultural environment.
- Creativity, dynamism, ability to take initiatives are important traits for this role.
- Proficiency in excel and strong familiarity with databases and information systems.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Please refer to the link below for ADB’s Competency Framework for NS1/2.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.