The HR Lead will provide payroll leadership for PIH Liberia, Leave Management System(jorani), and Timesheet. The ideal candidate will work with the HR Director and Finance team in accurately preparing payroll. The incumbent will support the HR Director in generating HR report (Human Capital), the quarterly Labour Report, managing employees relationship, etc. The HR Lead will work with PIH Partners at the County level and provide accompaniment. The ideal candidate will liaise with the Ministry of Labour, Immigration, LRA, NASSCORP at the field level to provide regular training for Harper staff, and the incumbent will work with the HR team in innovating new concepts that will support an engaging and happy work environment where everyone feels comfortable and safe to perform.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Payroll Responsibility (Serenic)
- Manage payroll information of PIH Liberia
- Lead on updating payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, job titles, and department/ division transfers.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, and non-taxable wages.
- Provide coaching to staff in Harper on income tax and NASSCORP deductions.
- Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures
- Comply with local legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, advising management on needed payroll actions.
- Take responsibility for following with staff to liquidate salary advance taken,
- Manage timesheets and grants allocation table and submission – ensure hours worked correspond to monthly pay
- Manage PIH employees leave management systems ( Jorani)
- Update an excel version of the payroll (staff database)
- Ensure all staff receive their payslips every month
- Support strategically on payroll and other HR audits
- Work with the HR Generalist and Recruiter and Director to generate MOL quarterly dashboard report,
- Work with the HR teams and HR Director ensure all staff comply with the PIH handbook in Harper
- Ensure all staff comply with the DWA and other statutes
- Work with the HR Director and other HR teams in writing contracts and offers
- Provide support on Disciplinary/investigation issues at the site level as per the handbook.
- Take a strong lead in supporting the HR director in updating the handbook and new policies
- Identify and report risks to the HR team/Director and capture into the risk register and report monthly to the HRD
- Ensure all staff comply with PIH PSEA Policy
Stakeholder Engagement and accompaniment
- Work with NASSCORP in Harper in providing support to staff when required
- Represent HR at the County Administrative County Functions
- Work with LRA-locally in Harper to conduct regular training on staff
- Work with the HR Director, the HR Officer leading recruitment in supporting JJD/CHT in training
Staff learning and development
- Work with the HR Director and HR team in Harper in leading management training
- Provide training on leave management (Jorani)
- Provide regular payroll training to staff at the field levels
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops;
- Provide training to another HR colleague on Serenic to ensure transfer the knowledge,
- Take a strong lead with the HR Director and HR team in the performance management process
- Work with the HRD in designing innovation to make our work efficient,
- Support the HR Recruiter to organise the general staff meeting in Harper,
- Work with the HR Director and HR team in providing HR policy training to staff in PIH
- Support the HR director in running the Scholarship program
- Submit a weekly report on all HR issues, challenges and resolutions
- Submit quarterly Ministry of Labour report/DashBoard to the HR director
- Work with the HR Generalist in Monrovia to generate employees NASSCORP and Tax Identification Numbers (TIN)
- Generating Human Capital Report
Management and leadership development
- Articulate HR Agenda in SMT meeting on the field
- Work with programs to understand and develop a strategic approach to patient care
- Sit in for HR Director where appropriate
- Continuously developing new skills in HR
- Promote strong organisation culture and workplace effectiveness
- Provide strategic support to the HR team-planning
- Lead the professional development of supervisees
Leadership and Supervision
- Supervise HR Assistant (100%)
- Supervise HR Generalist ( 20%)
- Supervise Recruiter (20%)
The key competencies required for the position of HR Lead:
Experience and Expertise
Strong training and presentation skills
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change.
PIH currently has implementation programs in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Liberia, Kazakhstan, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Sierra Leone and Navajo Nation. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.
Partners In Health (PIH) is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of PIH not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. PIH works in and with a number of governments in and outside the U.S., and to the extent applicable, this statement is intended to incorporate the prohibition of any unlawful discrimination covered by applicable laws in such countries, states and municipalities.