QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
The purpose of the USAID Learning Activity (ULA) is to further strengthen USAID/Uganda and improve the performance of its implementing partners, with a focus on Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA), in order to enhance the impact and sustainability of USAID-supported contributions to Uganda’s development.
The HR Admin Officer supports the Senior Operations Officer with day-to-day functional HR and Administrative operations, in support of the project office and ULA. They will provide HR support to the ULA team to maintain compliance in the areas of benefits, compensation, employee relations, onboarding and separation, recruitment, and other areas as needed. The position will also support the Administration Team within the office, including front-desk management, front-desk support, and other administrative functions.
- The HR Admin Officer will assist in support of project operations to include, but not limited to:
- Respond to routine inquiries regarding human resource issues
- Ensure policies and practices are in line with Ugandan law and local regulations
- Process forms for new hires, change of status, salary increases, promotions, transfers, secondments/postings, separations, etc.
- Maintain employee files securely and in compliance with legal and QED/ULA recordkeeping guidelines
- Assist Talent Acquisition team with new hire reference checks, biodata verification, and due diligence as needed
- Front desk management, to include welcoming guests, scheduling meetings and meeting rooms, facilitating office functions, and being problem solver, to whatever may arise
- Support project staff with scheduling and arranging travel, local transport, accommodation, and facilities
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 3 years of human resources experience
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
- Experience with USAID, or other international development projects preferred, but not required
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume/CV.
- Click on this link to complete a USAID Biodata/1420 form, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application.
- You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume/CV, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without either a resume/CV and/or biodata may not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted; no phone calls please.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. AA/V/D. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.