The HTS / Prevention Advisor will be responsible for the technical oversight of the prevention components, including work planning and reporting in the Soroti Region. S/he will inform the design of and oversee the prevention interventions and activities in collaboration with other Advisors. S/he will also guide the care and support provided to children and adolescents living with HIV enrolled in the programme. S/he will report directly to the Chief Of Party and support the Chief Of Party in providing technical direction to programme implementation and ensure that the prevention results are met. S/he will ensure strong linkages with all other programme components. This role is responsible for the overall design and implementation in accordance to quality standards and will inform the modifications of the prevention strategies.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Technical Design, Implementation and Programme Management (65%)
- Lead program planning and innovation on HIV prevention services for the programme team, including the adaptation of evidence- and/or science-based approaches.
- Maintain oversight of prevention programming and ensure that programme objectives related to the social, behavioral, and structural aspects, and targets are met.
- Provide technical guidance, mentoring, and capacity building on HIV prevention issues.
- Lead development of HIV prevention tools and materials.
- Work with other technical advisors to identify training needs for the frontline staff and inform planning of training on prevention services.
- Work with sub-partners to provide technical oversight to prevention service components.
- Lead review and validation of technical documents, training materials, and policy briefs to meet national and U.S. government guidelines, as well as international standards.
- Strengthen HIV prevention focus; case finding and case management; linkage to HTS, care, and treatment; retention among both children/adolescents and their caregivers.
- Work closely with stakeholders and implementing partners to create demand for health services.
- Assist health facilities to develop systems to enhance the linkage into care for patients referred from community testing events.
- Serve as member of the programme senior management team.
Quality Assurance and Quality improvement (20%)
- Provide ongoing implementation support for m2m’s quality assurance and quality improvement initiative across the DREAMS programme
- Engage communities to improve the quality of care for retention in care and adherence to treatment.
- Facilitate data utilization, including guiding routine programme performance monitoring, ensuring the use of analytical data to inform effective QA/QI.
- Coordinate routine monthly/quarterly QA/QI meetings, including documentation, synthesis, and follow-up of action plans with responsible staff
- Coordinate and conduct regular check-in meetings for designated programmes
- Assist in managing adolescent health programming, including multi-country learning workshops
People Management and Programme Administration (15%)
- Manage, coach and supervise Prevention team members on the programme.
- Ensure direct reports are managed according to the organisational performance management framework
- Conduct desk reviews, develop and disseminate best practice reports, including quarterly Project BIO (quality improvement)