Title: Lead/Sr. Lead, HR Technology and Innovation
Department: Human Resources
Based in Washington, DC
Reporting to: Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO)
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy and plan the families they desire by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing to contraceptives.
There are about 7,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We’re an eclectic mix of people with a diverse range of backgrounds from the international health sector to the marketing industry to the behavior change field. PSI’s new global strategy focuses on improving consumer powered healthcare through shaping market systems, shifting policy and funding and strengthening global capacity.
The newly created HR Technology and Innovation Lead position is going to play a key part in transforming Human Resources at PSI. Its primary objective will be to ensure that HR’s existing systems and technology work in harmony to support the team’s day-to-day operations and long-term goals. The role will also serve as project manager tasked with improving and sometimes completely re-building HR processes and work flows.
If you like to get your hands dirty, if you have a passion for all things HR and if when you see something broken your first instinct is to fix it, please read on to find out more.
The HR Technology and Innovation Lead is an evolving role. In year 1, you will begin implementing solutions while you’re getting to know our team, processes and technology. As you build your PSI network and establish a stronger technology foundation for the team, the role will expand. It will continue to focus on optimizing HR’s day-to-day operations, but it will begin taking on higher-level initiatives that require collaboration across the organization. More specifically, you will:
- Become an expert in our recruiting technology (iCIMS), HRIS (Lawson), LMS (Degreed) and document library (SharePoint).
- Diagnose our technology barriers, implement short-term solutions and develop a 2 -3 year technology strategy for the team. That may include future systems integrations and/or recommendations for transitions to new and more effective platforms.
- Take ownership over all of HR’s systems – managing maintenance, reporting, vendor partnerships and internal partnerships.
- Partner with SMEs (benefits, compensation, business partners, L&D) to streamline work flows, optimize how the SMEs interact with HR systems and automate processes whenever possible. Time is precious on our team and we need you to identify opportunities where our technology can yield improved efficiencies/cost savings.
- Develop SOPs, document processes, monitor data integrity and ensure the security of talent-related data.
- Closely monitor metrics surrounding transaction volumes, quality and turnaround times and implement measures to improve when necessary.
- Supports and/or leads special projects as directed by global HR strategies.
- Proactively stays abreast of industry trends and new technologies.
- Manages HR budget.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
What are we looking for?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
- Collaboration: You can work independently, but thrive within a team.
- Trust: You trust that your manager and team will have your back and care deeply about gaining that same trust from your teammates
- Pragmatism: You dive in and maintain momentum even when things are ambiguous and you don’t let perfect get in the way of good enough.
- Honesty: You aren’t afraid to speak up and speak your mind.
- Measurement: You set clear and challenging goals and hold yourself accountable to driving measurable results.
- Commitment: You’re independent and a free thinker, but you’re ready to buy in to the direction of the team and commit to its success.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- At least 8+ years of related experience; experience must implementing and managing systems.
- BA/BS in related field required; certification in Project Management (PMP) or six sigma preferred.
- Experience with data management, analytics and reporting.
- Experience managing large data clean-up and process re-engineering projects; preference for candidates with understanding of Lawson HRIS.
- Demonstrated agility and advanced project management skills involving multiple stakeholders both within HR and across internal client groups (IT, Finance, etc.).
- Experience with budget management.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong business acumen.
- Advanced MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio required.
References will be required. Must be authorized to work in the United States. N.B. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship and relocation expenses will not be covered for this position. The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
APPLY ONLINE at http://www.psi.org
Population Services International is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender identity, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.