The HR Service Center Coordinator (HRSCC) will report to the Director, Global HR Services. The HRSCC will support organizational effectiveness by serving as the first level of contact to the organization on all human resource related issues and partner with staff members to provide human resource services and tools that result in greater alignment of people & organizational objectives.
He/she must enjoy working with clients as customer service is the key to success in this position. Problem-solving is a key competency needed to provide support to staff both domestically and internationally. They will educate and train employees on resources available to address questions or concerns on HR systems and policies & procedures ensuring quality resolution by providing detailed status information and estimated time to resolution. The HRSCC will be responsible for processing new hire paperwork and employee actions, data entry, maintenance of complete & accurate employee information, ensuring compliance & quality control in the management of data pertaining to CARE USA employees in the HR Information System (HRIS) and other databases.
The HRSCC will also be responsible for managing and improving HR internal processes & external processes that impact HR by working with all individuals from process owners to agents to deliver improved customer service & HR business performance.
Success in this position requires s/he have: Excellent customer service and communication skills; the ability to treat all employees, vendors, and candidates with the utmost respect and dignity and maintain a high level of confidentiality. Knowledge of basic HR principles, some project management practices as well as HR software and MS office are also required.
- Customer service
- Personnel administration
- Audit and compliance
- Business process improvements / Project management
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or four years of progressively responsible relevant experience, which may be Human Resources or clerical or accounting in nature, including customer service or public contact.
- 2-3 years in HR Administration
- 2-3 years in HRIS experience
- 2-3 years in HR business optimization and project management experience
- Solid understanding of Human Resources Information System Software (HRIS), HR functions, systems & processes
- Superior written & oral communication skills in English
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must have good understanding of state and federal employee benefits regulations including ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, Family and Medical Leave Act, worker’s compensation, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with outside consultants, vendors, and attorneys
- Ability to handle a high volume of work, multiple priorities, and work well under pressure
- Strong initiative & proven ability to plan, think, and solve problems strategically and analyze complex information.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, MS Excel, and Word (to include working with formulas and links), PowerPoint, Visio and Report Writer. Excellent clerical skills including word processing and basic analytical and statistical skills
- Sound knowledge of Human Resources practices, policies, and procedures
- Must have a good understanding of HR-related legal & compliance issues such as Affirmative Action, EEO, etc
- Working knowledge of Benefits Systems and Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision