The HR Operations department is responsible for delivering operational HR functions and services to the Bank. The People Operations team form part of the HR Operations department and are responsible for providing HR operational administrative support to a number of HR COEs including Talent Acquisition and Business Partnering.
The team is client facing and works with internal and external parties to ensure employees are guided through on-boarding and cross-boarding and events during their employment.
The role also interacts with a number of teams within the wider HR function to provide a comprehensive HR service.
Areas of focus include IT Co-ordination tasks for the HR function, ownership of on-boarding and cross-boarding processes, maintaining the Bank’s organisational reporting structure in SAP and acting as a point of contact for a range of HR processes. The Assistant Analyst is a champion for the Bank’s People Operations processes, with a focus on continuous improvement.
Purpose of Job
The Assistant Analyst is accountable for the timely and consistent execution of the Bank’s on-boarding and cross-boarding policies and procedures. The Assistant Analyst will provide advice and guidance to Employees and Line Managers and undertake the necessary processes and tasks to ensure a high quality HR service is provided throughout the employee lifecycle at the EBRD.
The Assistant Analyst will operate effectively both individually and as a key member of the People Operations team. The incumbent will have ownership of nominated key processes and will develop ad hoc solutions to problems and escalate, where appropriate.
The Assistant Analyst will liaise with relevant teams within HR (such as Business Partnering, Talent Acquisition, and Payroll etc.) and the Bank, as well as designated external providers (such as pre-employment screening providers).
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Managing the end-to-end on-boarding process for all recruited new hires, ensuring smooth on-boarding; liaising with the designated pre-employment screening vendor and providing ongoing guidance and support throughout the process
- Ownership of on-boarding survey analysis, follow up and escalation where appropriate.
- Maintaining SAP HR with a focus on data quality to ensure business continuity particularly in reference to maintaining live data for critical business reporting; checking and processing, undertaking the necessary action.
- Communicating to candidates, staff, line managers and other HR stakeholders in a timely manner, including managing expectations regarding processes
- Maintaining EBRD HR Systems with a focus on data quality to ensure business continuity particularly in reference to maintaining live data for critical business reporting; checking, processing, and completing the necessary actions.
- Providing tailored advice; assistance and problem solving related to policy queries (delegated either by the Associate or triaged to the Assistant Analyst via Service Now at all employee levels and in a timely manner. Liaising with HR centres of expertise as necessary.
- Responsible for the accurate preparation and implementation of contractual documentation as designated by the Talent Acquisition and Business Partnering teams.
- Undertaking and monitoring pre-employment medical screening and pre-employment verification processes; including liaising with the designated pre-employment verification agency, escalating any concerns to the Associate. Ability to articulate the processes elements and guide stakeholder groups where appropriate.
- Timely and accurate execution of HR administrative transactions which workflow into the payroll for the whole Bank (HQ and ROs).
- Demonstrating a clear understanding of all HR elements of the employee life cycle and policies in order to mitigate legal and reputational risk and to meet business needs
- Providing back-up to the AskHR resolver group (ServiceNow) as directed by the Associate and in consultation with the Head of HR Operations
Working closely with all staff within the HR department to identify, provide feedback and recommendations on possible system and process implications; participate in system changes testing and updating of all relevant information sources.
Effectively collaborating with other relevant teams to ensure that processes follow agreed steps and produce the expected deliverables.
Developing strong relationships with internal HR colleagues, ensuring roles during the on-boarding process are clearly followed for key processes
Active participation in ad-hoc HR projects with a focus on the creation of efficiencies through process automation and standardisation
Responsible for managing housekeeping tasks as required (filing, archiving etc.).
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Proven HR experience, preferably within Financial Services.
- Professional or Academic Qualification in relevant discipline desirable.
- Good analytical skills, with accurate numerical skills.
- Confident communicator and presentation skills at all levels
- Able to build strong lasting relationships with a number of internal and external stakeholders and manage these in the provision of operational HR support.
- Experience dealing effectively with challenges to ensure positive outcomes for all parties.
- Self-motivated with excellent organisational and administrative skills, attention to detail, the ability to prioritise and multitask is essential.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and turn work around accurately in a busy environment.
- Experience of operating with good judgement and working to strict deadlines in a demanding client facing role.
- Ability to act in a customer service orientated manner, responding flexibly and promptly to clients’ needs using outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Ability to exercise judgement and deal discreetly with sensitive situations and confidential information.
- Fluency in English, both written and oral.
- Ability to operate in a multi-cultural environment and build effective working relationships with clients and colleagues is essential.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products, preferred experience with SuccessFactors, SAP HR and data warehouse packages.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working.