The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is a non-profit, non-partisan, non-government international organization based in Washington, DC. NDI works with countries across the globe bringing together individuals and groups to share ideas, knowledge, and expertise for democracy development that is adapted to the needs of each unique country. We develop and support a wide array of democracy programs including elections, executive transitions, citizen and women participation in politics.
The HR Coordinator, HRIS & Benefits, provides support on HRIS and Benefits related activities, including maintaining employee records, benefits enrollment and terminations, bill reconciliation, and HRIS reports.
- Accurately updating and maintaining employee data in the HRIS system; escalating issues as needed (e.g. uses standard processes, procedures, quality control, workflow, checklists, time frames)
- From a payroll, benefits and reporting perspective function as Ultipro SME
- Reviewing source documents for accuracy and completion prior to data input and verifies output
- Oversee HRIS file feeds from Ultipro. Ensure accuracy of benefits enrollment data and employee data sent in feeds to carriers. Entering employee benefits enrollments, changes and separations into HRIS
- Following up on necessary updates based on audit reviews, quality control checks, and changes submitted for each payroll processing
- Work with HR management to identify appropriate MI reporting needs for the organization and creating/deploying reports
- Participating in system testing and contribute to communications and other related tasks
- Using report writing tools to create ad hoc reports as needed by team members and generates standard reports
- Conduct new hire and employee benefits orientations, and support open enrollment activities with continuous process enhancements
- Maintaining employee files, ensuring that files are current and accurate
- Completing employment verification
- BS/BA degree in a related field; Additional years of relevant work experience may be substituted for educational requirement or equivalent work experience
- PHR or equivalent HR certification preferred
- Minimum of four (4) years of Human Resources or applicable data analytics experience
- Excellent customer service skills required
- HRIS experience required. Ultipro experience desired
- Proven demonstrated experience using HRIS systems and analytical skills are necessary for success in this role
- Experience with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.) a plus
- Ability to speak and write proficiently in English
- High level of organizational skills, excellent attention to detail, and ability to investigate, analyze and apply critical thinking skills to create or enhance processes
- Experience prioritizing and managing multiple tasks simultaneously and following through on issues in a timely manner
- Data analysis, technical expertise in report writing, queries, and data management required
- Knowledge of Human Resources, Time & Attendance, Payroll, and Benefits processes
- Strong team player
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. NDI does not provide sponsorship.
NDI welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities (EEO) for all applicants seeking employment and NDI employees. NDI makes employment decisions based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, military status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation, educational status, unemployment status, place of residence or business, source of income, or reproductive health decision making. Additionally, harassment or discrimination based on these characteristics will not be tolerated at NDI. To perform the essential functions of this position, reasonable accommodations are available to qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified individuals who have limitations due to pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or medical related condition.