Resident Position – 100% – Geneva
Purpose of the post
The Specialist/Analyst – HR Compliance & Controlling is responsible for performing controls and ensuring both the appropriate use of the “policy making framework” and the “compliance to legislations” at ICRC. He/She is responsible for the controls agenda. He/she partner with FAD/ICCB and facilitates external audits. The role of support to the project lead HR Dematerialization project will ensure coherence & compliance with the Center of Expertise’s working mechanisms and policies. The design and the implementation of the HR dematerialization project will enable the HR department to respond adequately to the delocalization and decentralization of the HR transactional activities. The project lead will work in close collaboration with the business analyst, HR Stakeholders in Geneva and at the Manila Shared Service Center throughout the project.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Coordinate and streamline processes related to compliance tracking, reporting and audits
- Coordinate with internal HR stakeholders for HR controlling and compliance issues
- Map all compliance and risk requirements for business specific activities
- In coordination with FAD/ICCB, check that controls are effectively enforced within each HR unit
- Assist in the development and deployment of proactive strategies and projects to build an environment that support compliance
Analysis & reporting:
- Prepare data analysis for internal and external compliance reviews or audits
- Enforce standards to collect, consolidate and analyze information to identify trends and potential risk areas.
- Perform impact analysis of new regulations and design adapted controls to be used in delegations and at the Headquarters.
- Develop relevant communication to deliver messages on changes in compliance and controlling
- Develop organization-HR policies and procedures enforcement control agenda
- Develop trainings on Compliance & Controlling
Support to HR Dematerialization project:
- Supports the Project Lead in ensuring compliance and process related aspects of the dematerialization project and represents the CoE in Steering Committees.
- Supports the Project Lead in organizing and carrying out the run of the pilot project
- Prepares training documentation for end users
- Supports the Project Lead and end users during the User Acceptance Tests
Education and experience required
- University degree in business administration, human resources, or other related discipline
- 5 -7 years working experience, in functional HR Projects, business analytics & reporting,
- Experience in working in an international environment that requires knowledge in dealing with employments laws, regulations and compliance of multiple countries
- Understanding of best practices and issues related to dematerialization of HR documents.
- Experience in working with a global, and diverse workforce in a transforming environment
- Adult training and employee communications are strong assets
Desired profile and skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify and respond to issues/opportunities in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate in a consistent, proactive an inclusive manner
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft working environment, proficient in Excel, expertise in Tableau & CasWise are strong assets
- Excellent interpersonal and organization skills
- Excellent communication skills in French and in English (written and spoken), any additional official ICRC language is an asset
- Experience designing and delivering trainings, change management
- Knowledge of the functioning of the HR Department an asset
Reporting line: The position reports to the Head of the Centre of Expertise Framework & Compliance.
Length of assignment: 2 years extendable
Starting date: 01.11.2016 or as agreed
Application documents required: Motivation letter and CV.
Interested persons fulfilling the above criteria should send their applications by Monday, 31st October 2016 (letter of motivation and CV/resume) to the following address: email@example.com. In the subject line of your email, please put : ” RH/COE/FC – HR Compliance & Controlling Specialist – Application”.
Only applications sent to this email address will be considered. If you do not receive a reply within one month, then please assume that your application has not been shortlisted.