The World Bank Group’s (WBG) twin goals of ending extreme poverty and promoting shared prosperity reflect a new global landscape: one in which developing countries have an unprecedented opportunity to end extreme poverty within a generation.
The WBG’s strategy seeks to position the institution to deliver better for its clients by: (1) maximizing development impact by identifying and tackling the most difficult development challenges; (2) promoting scaled-up partnerships strategically aligned with the goals; and (3) convening public and private resources, expertise and ideas.
HRDSO Unit Overview
The HRDSO provides centralized HR shared services to the World Bank Group and is an integral component of HR service delivery to its client base which includes managers, staff, and retirees. To this end, the Service Delivery Team is continually seeking to improve the way HR services are delivered to clients. These services include being the front line for providing support and consultation on HR policies and procedures via telephone, email or fax to the Washington, DC office, as well as administration of HR transactions. HRDSO provides these services via a tiered service delivery model. The team collaborates with other key partners providing service to staff including Payroll, Tax, Global Mobility, and HR Business Partners. Additionally, HRDSO provides advice to clients on how to use HR self-service tools and functionality.
Candidate must be willing to work any of the three shifts covering 24×7 including night shifts; work week may include weekends, based on business needs & requirements.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year term appointment.
• Create/ reactivate UPIs in PeopleSoft
• Update staff information in PeopleSoft/HR Systems
• Liaison with learning team to update relevant training details in the system
• Collaborate with other teams within HRDSO to ensure effective completion of transactions
• Demonstrate accountability with respect to prioritizing assignments and ensuring effective handling (reviewing form accuracy, verify eligibility etc.) and completion of work
• Accurately document all transactions received and processed in Neocase (case management system)or other relevant systems
• Exhibit extensive knowledge and understanding of relevant policies and procedures and guide clients in applying relevant policies, procedures, and technology
• Participate in planning and execution of data quality improvement initiatives; get involved in providing inputs to system upgrades, creation of new systems and data management activities
• Direct clients to available online content in HR Web
• Educate clients on the availability and usage of self-service options
• Provide recommendations for increasing client satisfaction
• Perform back up assignments for other team members during their absence
• Support other PODs in HRDSO on a need basis
• Support projects within HRDSO (e.g., identifying past trends to recommend improvements, participate in process improvement sessions)
• Support creation and maintenance of process documentation and training material
• 0.5 to 2 years of relevant experience in a shared services environment
• Excellent communication skills, general email and call handling etiquette
• Service oriented with good interpersonal skills
• Ability and desire to perform routine tasks for extended periods of time with high accuracy
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
• Ability to work in any shift, including night shifts, either permanently or on a temporary basis.
• Ability and desire to multi task
• Initiative to improve and pursue personal development and training opportunities
Preferred Skills / Experience:
• HR technology skills (PeopleSoft, SAP, case management systems such as Neo case)
• Microsoft Suite skills (Word, Excel, Power point)
• General knowledge of HR Policies/processes
• Experience in an international HR shared services environment
Tasks and workflow management – Has the ability to organize own work and to complete assigned tasks within agreed timeline.
HR policy knowledge and application – Possesses basic understanding of HR employment life cycle, HR policies, processes and practices. Able to advise clients on basic HR related topics.
Processing, case management and quality control – Able to process HR transactions in accordance with relevant HR policies and practices. Able to learn and use relevant HR systems to process routine HR transactions administered by the HR Operations within service level agreement standards.
HR clients service – Able to respond to routine client requests with a professional client service attitude, demonstrating accuracy, discretion, tact and diplomacy. Able to address requests on a timely basis with appropriate follow up.
Lead and innovate – Identifies problems or obstacles.
Deliver results for clients – Proactively responds to and completes client requests.
Collaborate within teams and across boundaries – Contributes collaboratively to one’s own team.
Create, apply and share Knowledge- Shares knowledge appropriately.
Make smart decisions- Uses critical thinking to inform own decision-making.