QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
QED is preparing to bid on the upcoming USAID Iraq Performance Management and Evaluation Services. The purpose of this program is to provide utilization-driven support in the areas of project/activity monitoring, evaluation, research, organizational learning, and knowledge management. The primary goal of this contract is to improve performance management at all levels to help the Mission meet Agency requirements, make better informed strategic and management decisions, and advance USAID learning on effective development approaches.
The HR and Operations Manager is a full-time contract position based in Baghdad, Iraq. It is expected to be a 3-year (with two potential additional years) project scheduled to begin mid-late 2020. Position is contingent upon award.
- Support Human Resources processes throughout the Project; manage strategic and/or specialized information related to Human Resources
- Oversee the legality and risks associated with all business matters and propose efforts towards developing QED policy based upon the local context of activities
- Provide sound and effective advice to senior leadership on all personnel-related questions
- Responsible for the effective implementation of all legal HR practices as well as legal obligations (recruitment, selection, benefits/allowances, health and security, staff relations, the reshaping of management, the reaching out to and development of personnel)
- Oversee the project’s payment system and provision of social benefits
- Operate within a network of other donor organizations/projects to ensure that the principles and general policies and conditions of QED, as they pertain to Cooperating Country Nationals, remain competitive and up-to-date.
- Conduct recruiting for potential new hires and consultants in country
- Carry out the calculations and payment of staff salaries, as well as the notification of taxes, duties, and all obligatory payments to be made
- Organize and file all information and supporting documents pertaining to the implementation of the project as requested
- Other duties as required
- A Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or related area
- Advanced degree in business administration or finance preferred
- Five (5) years of experience in a relevant HR or Operations position working with a USAID-funded program and skilled in USAID’s policies and procedures in regard to people management
- Ability to work independently, to be able to accept and discharge substantial responsibilities, to prioritize work assignments, to meet deadlines, and to exercise professional judgment
- Strong computer skills, including advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, email, the Internet, and Microsoft Windows applications
Strong management skills and excellent interpersonal communication skills.
Excellent English language skills, both verbal and written; fluency in Arabic
- Iraqi nationals strongly encouraged to apply
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume/CV.
- Click on this link to complete a USAID Biodata/1420 form, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application (leave the info in pink blank).
- You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume/CV, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without either a resume/CV and/or biodata may not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted; no phone calls please.
A submitted application to QED in response to a position on a bid or proposal, indicates your agreement to be included in our submission to the client at least on an illustrative basis.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. AA/V/D. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.