Title: HR and Admin Assistant – Bulehora
Reporting to: Support Service Team Leader
Location: West Guji, Oromia region
Start of Contract & Duration: 6 Months
Posting date: Feb 14, 2020
Closing Date: Feb 27, 2020
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), an international non-governmental organization (NGO), has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC promotes and supports solutions to the problems faced by refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs), and migrants. The organization has offices across the region, and has been operational in Ethiopia since 2009. With funding from bilateral and multilateral donors, DRC is currently implementing a range of activities across Ethiopia and Djibouti, including WASH and shelter provision, child and youth protection, gender based violence response, awareness-raising of migration risks, protection monitoring of migration routes, and livelihoods support for returning migrants or those at-risk of migration.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Under the supervision of Team Leader–Support Services, The HR and Administration Assistant is responsible for performing general human resources and administration functions, and play a key role in the overall HR functions including staff recruitment, contracts preparations, staff leaves/attendance and time-sheets tracking. The HR and Administration Assistant plays a key role in supporting DRC Dimma program’s staffing needs and works closely with Team Leader –Finance and Admin to comply with Programme and Operations requirements.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Compilation of Administration and Human Resources Key Performance indicators and maintain files
- Ensure that all office systems and equipment (power, water, telephone, photocopier, fax, etc.) are in good working order and liaise with the hotel facility supervisor for timely fixing.
- Assist in ensuring staff compliance with human resources polices, as per DRC’s HR manual.
- Responsible for timely release of the office supplies and replenishment. Ensure tea and coffee service to staff are of expected standard and timely, keep and track services provided and submit to supply chain for payment processing
- Ensure that staff leave, R&R (Rest and Recuperation) recruitment and training trackers are updated on a regular basis and followed.
- Support field team in travel coordination, accommodation and flight booking in a timely manner as per the DRC travel Standard Operational Procedures (SOP) during R&R and official travels to different locations and return from R&R and official travels.
- Monitor staff attendance and ensure that all staff timesheets are updated on time on ERP dynamics system.
- Assist in communicating with interview candidates and scheduling for tests and interviews.
- Assist in preparing employee contracts extension tables and requests.
- Maintain confidentiality and safety of all Dimma Area Office personnel and recruitment documents.
- Responsible for ensuring the following are accurate, complete and up to date: -personnel files, completion of Record of Emergency Data( RED), staff medical refund requests as per health insurance scheme, social security, Staff ID cards and follow up with Addis HR team on timely manner.
- Assist Team Leader – Support Services and other Area office staffs on effective performance management and administer the collation of performance management documentation and send to HR unit in Addis
- Assist the Support Services Team Leader to ensure new staff receive an appropriate orientation and induction at the field level. Ensure clearance and debriefing is carried out for exiting staff
- Any other related duties as /when assigned by supervisor.
- Assist the Team Leader in training of all guards and cleaners on policies and procedures and what to do in an emergency, and other relevant fields
- Assist The Finance and Admin Team leader in making sure all staff members are trained on HR policies and procedures, Code of Conduct, First Aid and other trainings as part of DRC mandatory trainings package at least once a year.
- Deal with all administrative aspects of general office and housing, including necessary repairs & maintenance are complete in a timely manner, in coordination with the Compound Technician /Assistant.
- Assist the Finance and Admin Team Leader in management of all contract arrangements with lessors and ensuring that contractual obligations are adhered to.
- Assist the Area Manager and Finance and Admin Team Leader to lease new offices and houses by selecting suitable location and prepare contracts with close collaboration with security focal points.
- Establish central mail recording system and filing system.
- Ensure each DRC staff member have an Identification card (ID) with the period of validity in accordance with the employment contract.
- Responsible for providing efficient and effective office administration.
- Create and maintain all relevant administrative documents files.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Acting in line with DRC’s vision and values
Experience and technical competencies:
- At least two years of professional experience in a similar position;
- Good command of English (written, read, and spoken);
- Good computer skills (MS Word and MS Excel); able to work under pressure;
- Excellent organizational ,interpersonal and communication skills;
- Experience and willingness to travel to field location ;
- Relevant NGO experience is a preferable.
University degree in Human Resources, Management or Business management and Information Systems from accredited university or college.
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
Fluent in written and spoken English and two or more Ethiopian Languages
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on http://www.drc.dk under Vacancies.
Please forward the application and CV, in English through the stated website no later than February 27, 2020.
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics