IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2020, we invested $22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit http://www.ifc.org
IFC’s Human Resources (HR) Department provides strategic partnership to the business to develop and implement workforce strategies and meet organizational goals, including attracting, developing and deploying diverse and skilled talent. Led by the Vice President of Corporate Strategy and Resources, the IFC HR team delivers products and support that meet the business needs of IFC across the following areas:
Client Services – offers strategic HR partnership, program implementation, support and solutions to staff and management globally;
Talent and Incentives – designs best practice HR solutions in onboarding, career management and mobility, performance/talent management, incentives and awards, and leadership development;
Employment Framework and Recruitment – delivers recruitment solutions and diversity & inclusion initiatives, and develops and supports HR strategy, policies, procedures, and knowledge management; and
Strategic Initiatives – manages key HR initiatives, such as Board engagement, fragile and conflict states, workforce planning, position management and people analytics and reporting.
IFC is looking for an HR Analyst for our Africa HR team. The position is based in Johannesburg, South Africa. Contract duration is three years, with a possible extension subject to individual performance, cultural fit and budget availability.
Duties and Accountabilities:
The HR Analyst will partner very with HR Business Partners and HR Program Assistants in Africa in the delivery and flawless execution of HR products and services to IFC clients.
S/he will provide analytical support, manage HR databases, produce periodic and ad hoc reports, develop and maintain HR information and reporting systems, and support staff in matters concerning recruitment, mobility, performance management, workforce planning, training and career development.
The following is a sample of duties and accountabilities:
• Develop a strong understanding of the rationale underlying HR policies to guide staff and management in the interpretation of such policies & procedures
• Support the implementation of HR Programs and deliverables in IFC
• Using the existing HR information systems, conduct general research, analysis and interpretation of data; provide information regarding staffing issues and prepare summary reports and presentations as needed to strengthen HR’s support to IFC’s business objectives and global footprint. This includes not only data retrieval but also interpretation and write-up of analysis and recommendations on an independent basis with minimum supervision.
• In consultation with relevant subject matter experts, troubleshoot and problem-solve process and data issues when they arise and develop quality assurance practices to catch and resolve issues
• Work across the teams to assist in the development of best practice reports, presentations, metrics that create consistent approaches and practices in these areas
• Support HR Department’s initiative to improve data quality and accuracy in systems
• Design innovative and customized reports on the basis of assessed client needs to fill information gaps and enable strategic decision making
• Using developed templates, tools and systems to manage HR processes, support client teams with the delivery and implementation of key HR products, processes and services such as: performance management, talent management, recruitment, onboarding, workforce planning, Diversity and Inclusion etc.
• Prepare regular staffing analyses, formal reports, briefs, or presentations to the team and/or for guidance to clients
• Broad Business Thinking-Maintains an in-depth understanding of the long term implications of decisions both for department and the client’s business
• Domain Knowledge-Human Resources Programs and Policies- Demonstrates thorough knowledge and understanding of HR policies, practices and systems
• Project/Program Management-Able to serve on project teams and executes sets of tasks for the completion of complex projects and communicates the achievement of key project milestones to ensure on-track completion of projects
• Deliver Results for Clients-Contributes to delivery of results for clients on complex issues.
• Collaborate Within Teams and Across Boundaries
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Finance, Business, or a similar field is desired but not mandatory, and minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or a minimum of 4 years of experience plus a bachelor’s degree.
• Strong knowledge of HR systems and tools
• Proven experience in analytical skills (especially HR Analytics): demonstrated ability to conduct research and analysis, data mining, report generation, good narrative grasp of ‘the story behind the numbers’, and ability to articulate issues and recommend solutions to aid management in decision-making.
• Solid knowledge of core HR areas: compensation/benefits, strategic staffing, performance management, career development, staffing and recruitment, and case management
• Proficiency in all HR Systems and Microsoft Windows applications, especially a proficient use of Excel, Word and Power Point, including advanced spreadsheet design, lookup tables, manipulation, and analysis skills.
• Professional integrity, willingness and flexibility to ‘roll-up your sleeves’ to engage in all aspects of HR work from identification and design to implementation
• Strong oral and written communications and presentation skills, ability to translate complex data for a variety of audiences, and experience with preparing client-ready materials.
• Strong quality control orientation; attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
• High level of integrity, tact and discretion when managing sensitive and confidential information
• Flexibility and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting work priorities and demands
• Ability to multitask, meet tight deadlines, and attend to details while staying focused on key priorities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
|Country:||-- South Africa|
|Closing date:||April 25, 2021|