TITLE: HR & ADMIN OFFICER
REPORTS TO: FIELD MANAGER
DURATION: 5 MONTHS
The Human Resources and Administration Officer will coordinate an effective HR function at Yumbe field office and will ensure that timely and quality human resource and administrative support is given to the Yumbe office. S/he will ensure that the HR policies and procedures of IRC are implemented in this field office. Basically, s/he will be responsible for all HR field related activities ensuring compliance with IRC’s HR policies and procedures. The role holder will play a key role in the overall field leadership of IRC Uganda, acting as a role model to staff. This will be under the supervision of the Field Manager (FM). The successful candidate should be able to deploy immediately.
Staff Recruitment & Exit
- In liaison with the HRM and FM, Coordinate and support staff recruitment and orientation i.e. receiving the position request forms, drafting of JD’s, preparation of adverts, application processing, interview support as per the IRC recruitment procedures
- Ensure that all proper procedures are followed in the recruitment process, from the position request forms, adverts till the final contract is signed in liaison with KLA HR or designate
- Collate all interview paper work and send originals to KLA HO for safe custody & keep flimsy file for your records
- Managing field induction / orientation schedules of new staff
- Ensure that there are signed copies of the JDs & performance objectives on all field personnel files
- Ensure that Exit interviews are carried out and all the necessary paper work is filed appropriately as per IRC’s exit procedures
- In liaison with the HRM, plan, coordinate and implement staff retention plans for our Yumbe office
- Update and maintain hard and soft copies of refined / updated Job descriptions. Ensure all Job descriptions are refined and updated frequently.
Staff Welfare & Administration
- Oversee the general wellbeing of Yumbe staff and give assistance in addressing any significant issues arising in consultation with the HRM.
- Ensure that staff queries on Health Insurance and salaries (e.g. pay slips) are dealt with expeditiously and if necessary escalated to HRM
- Health and Safety focal person- ensure that the OSH is implemented in the Yumbe office
- In liaison with the HR Manager, Implement HR policies by providing support and helping staff understand HR policies
- Act as the focal point person for all Administrative functions at the field level.
- Ensure compliance with IRC administrative standards, national laws and regulations.
- Liaise with the HR Kampala Team in timely Payroll Processing by ensuring that all information is sent by 10th monthly.
- Directly supervise Admin Support Staff and ensure all HR/Admin functions are performed satisfactorily.
- Update the leave tracker monthly and send to KLA HR or designate in the 1st week of the new month.
- Ensure that all the leave requests are fully authorized and filed away appropriately with all the necessary attachments e.g. sick leave medical form /chit
- Coordinate and welcome new staff and visitors, ensuring that accommodation assistance is offered.
- Organizing social events (farewells, team buildings etc.) & workshops
- Prepare and submit timely HR reports including activity reports, other areas of accountability to HRM as required
Qualifications and Requirements
- Degree in Human Resource Management, or other related field;
- Atleast Two (2) years of experience in similar positions, supporting similar complex emergency interventions preferably in conflict and post conflict situations.
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and written skills, and good computer skills (MS Office)
- Fluency in English
- Proven skills in administration and human resources management.
- Demonstrable flexibility to adapt to changing requirements.
- Able to work independently while being a strong team player.
- Team builder with excellent people skills.
- Must be culturally sensitive and have the ability and interest to identify and work with a multi-cultural team.
- Good analytical and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Flexible and able to work in a dynamic and diverse environment.
- Ability to multi-task, ability to handle pressure well and ability to improvise
Deadline: September 22, 2016. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Whilst all applications will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, qualified women are especially encouraged to apply. IRC is an equal opportunity Employer.
International allowances are not available, positions open to Ugandan Nationals only.