Solving the world’s most complex challenges. At ICF we make BIG things happen. Let’s work together to help Hurricane survivors and communities recover and rebuild for future resilience.
ICF is seeking a Housing Grant Manager Lead who will support government agencies in Puerto Rico on projects that aim to reduce the island’s future disaster risk. As Housing Grant Manager Lead, you should have experience with and knowledge of the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) Community Development Block Grant Mitigation – (CDBG-MIT) and/or Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) programs as well as FEMA and other applicable federal disaster recovery and mitigation programs.
The Housing Grant Manager Lead will work onsite with the Program Manager, senior ICF staff, subject matter experts, and others to assist the client with project management and implementation of housing and resilience related activities to ensure smooth project performance. As such, this position requires you to maintain a complete understanding of all applicable program policies, requirements, and procedures within the established project guidelines and to know the regulatory and statutory compliance requirements for HUD-funded programs.
- Assist the Program Manager in leading the teams responsible for the implementation of HUD-funded mitigation programs related to housing
- Provide subject matter and operations expertise in mitigation program design and implementation with a focus on housing
- Provide guidance and expertise on Federal regulations (CDBG-DR, cross-cutting Federal requirements, Duplication of Benefits, URA, Davis Bacon, Section 3, etc.) and translating them into program implementation
- Schedule and assign work and manage program staff
- Work with staff to set up systems and interpret and apply federal regulations within those systems
- Provide advisory and consulting services to clients through training sessions, one-on-one conversations, and written products
- Develop written products and tools for grantee policies and procedures, program implementation and design
- Identify opportunities to improve and document processes
- Ensure all assigned deliverables, areas of responsibility and files are complete and compliant
- Assess and manage risk as it relates to ICF’s contractual requirements
- Keep all parties informed of progress and any outstanding issues through clear and consistent communication and reporting
- Ensure that deadlines are met and the highest quality deliverables are produced
- Provide all necessary support in the development, preparation and submission of deliverables to the client
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in Planning, Public Policy, Engineering, Architecture, Law, Economics, Business Administration, Public Administration, or a related field
- At least three (3) years of direct experience in federally funded affordable housing, infrastructure, economic development, community development and/or resiliency related programs
- At least three (3) years of hands-on experience with CDBG/CDBG-DR or CDBG-MIT programs, regulations, and implementation
- Project and personnel management skills
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, empathy, and a cooperative attitude
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities and to work limited overtime, as necessary
Experience in at least one of the following:
- Demonstrated expertise in single-family recovery programs including rehabilitation, reconstruction, elevation, and construction management for single-family programs
- Expertise in other housing programs including but not limited to homeowner assistance program (HAP), buyout/acquisition, small rental repair, and multifamily new construction
- Expertise in programs that support the eligibility determination of housing programs, including but not limited to case management, environmental review, damage assessments and site-specific environmental reviews
- Master’s degree in Planning, Public Policy, Engineering, Architecture, Law, Economics, Business Administration, Public Administration, Government, or a related discipline
- Experience working in a consulting firm, development organization, or public agency
- Knowledge of similar federally funded mitigation and disaster recovery programs
- Experience delivering training and technical assistance to state and local government agencies
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
This job is a Section 3 eligible job opportunity. We encourage applications from individuals that are low income and/or living in Public Housing.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit http://www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world’s toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Guaynabo, PR (PR01)