Solving the world’s most complex challenges. At ICF we make BIG things happen. Let’s work together to help Hurricane survivors and communities recover and rebuild for future resilience.
ICF is seeking a Housing Coordinator who will support government agencies in Puerto Rico on projects that aim to reduce the island’s future disaster risk. As Housing Coordinator, you should have experience with and knowledge of the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) Community Development Block Grant Mitigation – (CDBG-MIT) program as well as other applicable federal disaster recovery programs.
The Housing Coordinator will work onsite with the Program Manager, senior ICF staff, subject matter experts, and others to assist the client with project management and implementation of infrastructure and resilience related activities to ensure smooth project performance. As such, this position requires you to maintain a complete understanding of all applicable program policies, requirements, and procedures within the established project guidelines and to know the regulatory and statutory compliance requirements for HUD-funded programs.
- Perform quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) on all client files submitted by case managers before going to title closings
- Perform home inspections for damage assessments and provided information for case files.
- Provide long-term recovery resources for self-sufficiency, perform home check-ins/inspections,
- Confirm rental property approval for rental assistance and re-certifications.
- Facilitate housing rehabilitation and homeownership programs, supply individuals with information on emergency shelters and available housing. Maintain knowledge on local eviction prevention measures.
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in planning, business administration, public administration, or related field .
- At least five (5) years of relevant experience, and at least three (3) years of specific experience in housing coordination.
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, empathy, and a cooperative attitude
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities and to work limited overtime as necessary
- Master’s degree in Planning, Public Policy, Government, or a related discipline.
- Knowledge of similar federally funded disaster recovery and mitigation programs
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
This job is a Section 3 eligible job opportunity. We encourage applications from individuals that are low income and/or living in Public Housing.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit http://www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world’s toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Guaynabo, PR (PR01)