* Seeking dynamic candidates, with HIV/PEPFAR experience, who are eager to grow and actively contribute to deepening the strategic value and integrity of data across the USAID Vietnam portfolio *
** Candidates are required to be Vietnamese citizens residing in Vietnam **
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm which provides monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. In Vietnam, SI is implementing the USAID/Vietnam Learns program to support USAID staff and partners to implement more efficient, effective, and transparent programs. Today, SI-Learns team seeks qualified consultant to work closely with the USAID Vietnam Office of Health /HIV team for a period of 12 months.
USAID/Vietnam, Office of Health (HO), PEPFAR program is needs capacity building on M&E and in-depth analysis of HIV program data to understand the programmatic situation and improve performance management of HIV activities. The monitoring and analysis of this data includes collecting, summarizing, and monitoring PEPFAR’s quarterly data, USAID’s weekly and monthly key. These data analysis is essential for USAID/Vietnam to make efficient programmatic decisions to improve access to and coverage of effective HIV services in Vietnam. In view of these activities, the Mission is requesting for support to provide technical assistance to the Office of Heath HIV team.
The USAID’s Office of Health seeks support to further enhance the value, integrity, and usage of HIV/PEPFAR data collected through all of its implementing partners in Vietnam. The specialist will be in charge of consolidating data on number of people reached, tested, negatives on PreP, positives identified, people new on treatment, and people currently on treatment, along with other key program indicators. The specialist will also be in charge of analyzing and reporting on data consolidated on a monthly and quarterly basis, with the strategic aim of helping enhance USAID/Vietnam OH’s data-use and overall facilitating evidence-based decision-making and performance-based management. Analysis and reporting work should be supported by data-visualization tools adapted to targeted audiences and decision-makers.
The HIV SI Specialist’s work is expected to play a key role in the OH’s HIV performance management systems, especially at the monthly data reviews, Mission-led portfolio reviews and PEPFAR-led POART processes, where the interagency PEPFAR team and counterparts from PEPFAR review performance data on a quarterly basis. The HIV SI Specialist would be a core team member with the OH HIV portfolio and play a role to synthesize data, analyze and present the performance trends in a manner which holds the HIV program team accountable to performance gaps as well as to develop innovative products which can promote data use and transparency across key decision-makers on the PEPFAR USAID Vietnam portfolio.
- Experience and/or familiarity with HIV programs.
- Demonstrated experience with PEPFAR and USAID Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Strong experience in complex HIV data analysis.
- Data visualization experience.
- Strong commitment to data-integrity and evidence-based decision-making.
- Solid communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Strong written and spoken English skills required
- Ability to adapt and strong motivation to learn.
- Work closely with OH and PEPFAR interagency team to help manage ongoing MER data entry, cleaning, quality assurance, review, and strategic analysis
- Work closely with the USAID/Vietnam Office of Health/HIV team to support monthly data review and quarterly strategic analysis
- Work closely with the OH HIV team as well as USAID A/COR/Activity Managers to design and continuously improve the development of increasingly reliable and useful reporting systems and products designed to:
- strengthen ongoing and timely monitoring of activities;
- consistently and reliably measure performance;
- help management make evidence-based decisions; and
- effectively share results internally and externally.
- Support the OH to work with the interagency PEPFAR team to prepare for COP21 data needs.
- Monthly site visits to CCRD sites to support AOR on partner performance management including TA guidance for CCRD MEL implementation strengthening
Level of Effort (LOE): Full time for a period of 12 months.
Desired Timeline: As soon as possible.
- Monthly OH data and strategic analysis (using PowerPoint and other data-management tools as may apply)
- Quarterly PEPFAR data analysis
- Activity data analysis support to A/COR/Activity Managers
- COP21 data preparation
- Monthly site visits and associated reports/debriefs.
The closing date for application: July 15, 2020. Selection and interview will be performed constantly and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.