As part of our continued expansion, the Highways Team is looking for committed and ambitious individuals to help build the business and deliver our programme of work.
We are seeking Highway/Road Engineering experts to join our professional team delivering an interesting and varied range of highways and transportation work in international development, across a range of sectors.
Experienced in working in management consultancy, you will provide high-quality consultancy and project management services, working in donor-funded international development markets as well as identifying opportunities and developing tenders and proposals.
You will have experience of working in countries in Africa, Central/South Asia, Central/South America, Caribbean, South Pacific, Caucasus, or Eastern Europe, with a proven track record managing high- quality road and other engineering projects. Ideally you will have prepared successful proposals for engineering services. The ability to identify and build strong relationships with donors and other key stakeholders is a valuable attribute.
The successful applicant will possess proven technical skills in highway engineering and consultancy for the application of international standards for infrastructure development, including:
- Highway and bridge design at feasibility, preliminary and detailed design stages for strategic, urban and rural/low -cost road networks
- Maintenance, inspections and technical audits of projects
- Support to technical assistance and capacity building projects worldwide
- Technical audits and due diligence
- Supervision of the construction of road and bridge projects
- Preparation of contract documentation and providing procurement assistance to client organisations, including Performance Based Contracts (OPRC)
- Undertake the delivery of technical inputs, principally in the areas of highways and transportation, on a wide range of development sectors assignments as required
- Work collaboratively with engineers, environmentalists, sociologists, planners and policymakers in the multidisciplinary teams across the company
- Use initiative to exploit business opportunities and win work for the highways sector and wider business through developing network and relationships with partners, donors and clients
- Proactively target new business opportunities and lead and contribute to high-quality expressions of interest and proposals to win new business
- Manage projects and support on project tasks, with or under the leadership of other specialists, to ensure delivery to the high standards expected by IMC and by our clients
- Work with other team members to deliver the highways strategy and capability, and the overall engineering strategy
- Meet the high ethical and quality standards of the company and of the development partners, our clients.
Terms and Conditions
Hours of work – This role is a full-time position.
It is anticipated that the post holder will typically spend 30% to 50% of his/her time fee earning, 30% to 50% business development and 10% to 20% project support, administration and finance.
Location –The role is based in the IMC offices in Redhill. We are a short walk from Redhill train station, which has direct links to London and the South Coast. There is free parking on site depending on availability.
Working from home is also possible, following agreement with the Senior Technical Director. There will be the requirement to travel overseas with this role on a regular basis.
Salary – Competitive salary depending on experience.
Annual leave – 5 weeks’ annual leave plus public holidays. The holiday year is 1 January–31 December.
Benefits–Buying and selling of annual leave scheme, health cash plan scheme, life assurance scheme, private medical insurance, company contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme. IMC also supplies free refreshments and fruit, and there is a dress-down day every Friday.
Click here to view the full job description.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining clearly why you are interested in this role and working for IMC, the skills and experiences you can bring to it, and how your experience meets the person specification. Your covering letter should also include your salary expectations.