Please submit a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in this position and how you meet the requirements. Application materials must be submitted in English and applicants must have legal authorization to work in Vietnam to be considered and confirm this in their cover letter. PATH offers a highly dynamic work environment and provides competitive compensation and benefits based on experience. Salary and benefit package are paid in VND.
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH’s work in Vietnam began in 1980 with a project to improve local condom manufacturing capacity. Over the years PATH broadened its focus from contraceptive technologies to wider health issues, and our current focus areas include vaccine preventable diseases, infectious diseases, noncommunicable diseases, antimicrobial resistance, and infection prevention and control, and digital health. PATH established a permanent office in Hanoi in 1997 and an office in Ho Chi Minh City in 2014.
PATH is currently seeking a qualified Health Information Systems (HIS) Advisor for a US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)-funded program, “HQ Supported Development, Implementation, Use and Evaluation of Interoperable Health Information Systems to Achieve HIV/AIDS and TB Epidemic Control through Improved Health Informatics Policy, Governance, Workforce Capacity, and Systems under PEPFAR”. The project’s goal is to employ health informatics in Vietnam to curb the HIV/AIDS epidemic by accelerating testing and treatment strategies, expanding prevention, improving data quality, strengthening country ownership, and leveraging public and private partnerships.
The HIS Advisor will work closely with the PATH HIS team as well as national, regional, and international stakeholders to support the implementation of a HIV case surveillance (CS) and to promote and adhere to the Principles for Digital Development. The HIS Advisor will report to HIS Team Lead and work closely with PATH Vietnam program team while also supporting other activities related to PATH’s digital health portfolio.
- Provide HIS technical direction to project team and technical advice to relevant departments at the Vietnam Ministry of Health (MOH), national health programs, provincial health departments regarding CS system design, development, testing, deployment, and evaluation.
- Provide inputs and participate in technical working group (TWG) to develop and disseminate national strategies/policies/guidance related to CS system and national HIV HIS.
- Provide technical guidance to local information technology (IT) vendors to develop and implement health information systems (e.g., mobile applications, application programming interfaces, mediators, system documentation).
- Lead development of HIS technical documents.
- Identify issues/challenges and develop mitigation strategies for effective implementation of related work plan activities.
- Oversees project implementation and monitoring & evaluation to meet committed deliverables.
- Coordinate closely with PATH’s global team working on digital health to ensure synergies and experience sharing across PATH.
- Represent PATH in meetings and written communications, and build, develop, and maintain relationships with local key stakeholders and other organizations regarding project-related activities.
- Contribute to the required project reporting.
- Perform other tasks when required.