PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH has been working to support local partners in Vietnam for 40 years. Our current portfolio in Vietnam includes work to support health care providers and communities prevent and respond to communicable and non-communicable diseases, advance digital health innovation, and address global health security priorities.
PATH seeks a Health Information System (“HIS”) Officer who provides technical support to the design, implementation and monitoring of technical strategies to integrate and strengthen country digital health systems. The HIS Officer will work closely with the HIS Team Lead to partner with the government partners and private sector to improve digital health program. This position will be based in Hanoi.
- Provide technical support to HIS Team Lead in collaborating with relevant departments at Ministry of Health (MOH) and National Health Programs for system design, development, testing, deployment and evaluation
- Provide inputs and participate in TWG for development of National Strategies/policies/guidance for HIS
- Provide technical assistance to project partners in Vietnam in implementing digital health component in multiple projects at PATH Vietnam.
- Collaborate with local IT vendors to develop and implement health information systems mobile applications
- Identify issues/challenges and develop strategies for effective implementation of related work plan activities
- Close coordination with PATH’s Global team working on Digital Health to ensure synergies and experience sharing within PATH
- Contribute to the preparation of related parts of required reports to PATH Headquarters and donor
- Participate in the business development
- Provide technical support on WHONET training and other HIS related trainings
- Other task required