PATH Kenya is an organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, finance, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH Kenya develops and scales innovative solutions and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
Boresha Jamii is a PEPFAR-funded USAID project covering Kakamega, Kisumu, Nyamira, and Vihiga counties. The purpose of this project is to provide key clinical support to the Government of Kenya’s national HIV response with the overall goal of increasing access and coverage for HIV prevention, care, and treatment services towards achieving the “95-95-95” targets.
PATH Kenya is seeking to recruit two (2) Health Informatics Associates who will provide development of e-Health and related Health Information System (HIS) solutions including EMR implementation at facility level and related software design and implementation, database administration and health informatics and information systems strengthening within the assigned project area in compliance with national and donor guidelines and policies, provide technical support and supervision in collaboration with MOH CHMT and SCHMT teams to ensure the successful planning and implementation of electronic medical records including KenyaEMR and WebADT activities. The incumbent will report to the County M&E officer. The Health Informatics Associates will be based in Kisumu and Kakamega.
This Position is contingent upon award to PATH.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Health Informatics and Information Systems Strengthening including co-ordination and support for implementation mainly focusing on Electronic Medical Records (EMR) platforms at facility, sub-county, and county levels.
- Provide technical support for eHealth/mHealth Systems Support and administration including provide first level support, troubleshooting, system testing, applications’ rollout, user training and providing excellent post-rollout client support via phone, internet, or in-person.
- Lead in training and capacity building on EMR and eHealth in compliance with national protocols and guidelines and provide continuous mentorship.
- Provide technical support for relevant software design and implementation for HIV Service Delivery Information Systems.
- Provide technical support and coordination for Database Administration (DBMS).
- Provide technical support for integration of the project’s technical approaches for the achievement of successful project health informatics implementation at facility level using evidence informed, innovative and best practices.
- Provide technical support during quarterly, semi-annual and annual facility performance reviews using EMR and related health informatics platforms
- Provide technical support for Quality Improvement/Quality Assurance interventions at facility level in collaboration with C (SC) HMT using EMR and related health informatics platforms.
- Represent the project in health informatics technical forums at facility, sub-county and county level.
- Support DHIS2 instance customization (Installation, configuration, development, and design of platform to capture data and generation of reports)
- Support timely uploading of the EMR databases to the National Data Warehouse.
- Support roll out and adoption of ICT infrastructure in project supported sites.
- Support development and implementation of project HMIS reporting systems.
- Hardware and software setup and maintenance in eHealth implementation sites