CARE is seeking a talented Health and Nutrition Coordinator (HNC) who is responsible for the overall directions and performance of the health and nutrition program portfolio. The range of duties include playing a critical role in defining the sector’s programs principles, objectives, and operational strategies, setting standards for project implementation, monitoring and evaluation, overseeing project planning and budgeting; giving technical assistance to staff (recruiting and hiring specialists as needed for various projects); ensuring collaboration with counterpart agencies; representing the CO to external organizations. The HNC will be responsible for new project development starting with the identification of program initiatives appropriate to both the sector and country strategies, all the way through submission of quality proposals.
- People management
- Program quality and implementation
- Resources mobilization
- External relations and partnerships
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Advanced degree in community medicine, public health, nutrition social sciences or bachelor degree plus five (5) years technical experience in either Nutrition or Health.
- Minimum of five (5) years progressive experience in mid-level management positions with team management or supervision responsibilities.
- Three (3) years of experience in project management
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Nutrition and or Health technical knowledge of SPHERE minimum standards and other UN standards