Parent Involvement and Community Relations: sets up system to assure program’s needs for parent involvement are met; established positive and productive relationships with families focusing on a relationship of trust and rapport with the parents of the children; encourages the involvement of the families of the children in a Head Start/Early Head Start program and supports the development of relationships between the children and their families.
- Minimum is a current CDA credential upon employment or have a high school diploma or GED and be in training and able to obtain the CDA within one year. AA/BA degree in ECE or related preferred.
- Training and experience to develop consistent, stable and supportive relationships with young children.
- Extensive knowledge and skills in the field of early childhood development and or social work.
- Knowledge of the state and federal regulations pertaining to child abuse and neglect.
- Ability to be perceptive of the needs of families and to work well with staff, children and parent/families. Ability to organize and direct home-based activities.
- Ability to maintain accurate records which reflect the needs and progress of children and families.
- Ability to drive with valid Driver’s License and good driving record.
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
Save the Children provides an attractive benefits package including competitive salaries, a matching retirement plan, health and welfare benefits, life insurance, an employee assistance program, generous time off and much more. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.