Reports to (role)
Head of Resource Mobilization
What we do
The International Committee of the Red Cross responds to worldwide humanitarian needs through its global network of delegations. The ICRC is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The Resource Mobilization Division (REM) manages the institutional relationship between ICRC and its various donors, supporters, and partners, leading efforts to mobilise the financial support required by the organisation to fulfil its humanitarian mandate. The REM Division is also currently leading the transforming of resource mobilisation activities at the ICRC through the implementation of the ambitious new Resource Mobilisation Strategy 2030. Through partnerships, particularly with the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement, and innovation in its own resource mobilisation activities, the implementation of this strategy seeks to strengthen the ICRC’s financial resilience and ability to attract support in a future where growing humanitarian needs continue to outstrip the resources available to address them.
The Resource Mobilization Head of Planning and Operational Support orchestrates the efficient running of Resource Mobilization activities and the management of the REM Division through the coherent and purpose-oriented management of a range of technical and substantive support activities. S/he provides continuous improvement and efficiency gains through organizational development activities. S/he is part of the REM senior management team and of the REM Etat Major team.
- Internally, interacts with a broad range of technical and support services at head and project-lead levels (FAD, ICT, DTD, PMO, SSCs, etc.) across the ICRC.
- Externally, interacts with consultants and suppliers providing services.
- Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
- Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct.
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
- Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times.
- Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all times.
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers.
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC.
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary.
Accountabilities & Functional responsibilities
- Leads the design and delivery of services geared towards supporting the day-to-day of activities in the Division and the achievement of strategy goals. These include:
- Organizational management and advisory support to the activities of the REM senior management team and the REM Etat Major.
- Provision of services to the division for:
- Internal communications, Administrative and Information management.
- Talent management, training, and skills development.
- Resource planning and management, financial control of RM expenditure.
- Process, data, applications and digital platform management.
- Management of the PMfR and PMD cycle of activities.
- Management of office space for the division.
- Is liable for the implementation of the Resource Mobilization Strategy workstreams within REM.
- Supervises the aligning REM activities and processes with institutional transformations such as GSS, OBA, PAM among others.
People management responsibilities
- Understands and supervises the Performance Management & Development (PMD) activities for employees under their supervision.
- Makes sure that deadlines for the PMD cycle are met.
- Engages in ongoing and continuous feedback and support, particularly for employees under their supervision, but also other staff members.
- Organizes regular meetings within their team to ensure optimal coordination of the work and proper flow of information.
- Ensures that job descriptions for employees under their supervision are up to date; seeks feedback and support from the HR Department if needed.
- Plans and coordinates the annual leave of the employees under their supervision ensuring continuity of the operations throughout the year and making sure that there are no outstanding holiday balances at the end of the year.
- Coordinates and supports the employees under their supervision in their personal development by coaching and advising them on internal and external training and development possibilities.
Certifications / Education required
- University degree or advanced certification in Business or Management.
- Fluent in English and French.
- Computer proficiency.
Professional Experience required
- Typically,15+ years professional experience with 10 years’ experience in a senior client service-oriented and/or support management position.
- Location: Geneva
- Type of contract: Required Rotation / 4 years assignment
- Grade: C3
- Activity rate: 100%
- Estimated start date: As soon as possible
- Application Deadline: Sunday 20th of March 2022
The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.