We have an exciting Director level opportunity for an Environmental Due Diligence expert to join the WYG team (which is now part of global company Tetra Tech). The main remit of the role is to lead and develop our Environmental Due Diligence and advisory team. Ideally you will work from our office located in the heart of the City of London although other locations will of course be considered
Our acquisition by Tetra Tech is creating significant and regular opportunities within the EDD/ESG discipline across the UK & Europe working on various global framework agreements with blue chip companies. This creates a unique and exciting platform for the right individual to grow, lead and develop a significant European EDD / ESG team and we are keen to maximise this exciting opportunity. Therefore the right candidate will get the investment and support from the wider business to make this strategically important role a success.
Our existing Transaction capability has grown steadily over the last few years having completed numerous large portfolio EDD projects working with legal institutions, private equity/financial firms, insurance companies and property agents. Our team offers the traditional environmental, health and safety (EHS) services such as contaminated land and environmental compliance. This role will include leading the growth and development of the team, refining our service offering to meet the needs of our clients and implementing a strategy with an ambition to be one of the UK & Europe’s leading EDD Advisory business’s. This is a senior leadership and role with excellent rewards for the right person
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Networking and client liaison / development both internal and external;
- Developing & implementing a structured business strategy to grow brand awareness;
- Presenting to client teams and at industry events;
- Delivering our WYG EDD services including identifying opportunities, proposal and cost preparation and client follow up to secure work;
- leading environmental frameworks with blue chip organisations;
- Working across the WYG / Tetra Tech business to put together teams as required for EDD / M&A project requirements;
- Full project cost control and financial / budget management.
- Leading and developing staff both in London and remotely across the UK.
A primary degree in a relevant environmental science discipline, geology or engineering as well as;
- In depth awareness and understanding of the UK / Global transaction advisory market conditions and economic drivers for investment.
- You will have in depth experience and a track record of successfully securing work and managing single and multi-site EDD projects from project inception through to report delivery and client management;
- You will demonstrate an aptitude for continued learning and career development, as a member of a relevant professional organisation;
- Client focused – client facing, confident communicator (written and verbal);
- You will have ability to provide high level advice at short notice and the ability to work within demanding timescales as required by client project requirements.
- You must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be fully IT literate as you will be required to write and review clear, concise and technically robust reports;
- You will be a team player with strong social, interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to mentor, encourage and support other team members.
- Experience in Land Quality and / or environmental compliance.
- It would be beneficial for you to hold a Masters degree and chartered with registered or principal environmental auditor status.
- Ideally you will have experience in leading ESG auditing projects.