In May 2017, USAID awarded SI the Haiti Evaluation Survey Services (ESS) contract to conduct baseline, mid-term, and final evaluations for a wide range of projects currently being implemented throughout the country, with more emphasis around USAID’s development corridors of Port-au-Prince, Saint Marc, and Cap-Haitian. The contract also includes sector assessments to inform the Mission in designing its new Strategic Framework (2018-2020).
Haiti ESS is conducting a baseline study to serve as a reference point to assess the performance of USAID/Haiti’s four-year ATTAIN activity at end-line. The baseline study will also guide the implementation of the ATTAIN activity as it will provide a benchmark that will be used to help improve problem diagnosis, alert stakeholders to changes in underlying assumptions, uncover potential weaknesses in program implementation, and provide a firm foundation for monitoring and evaluation.
Haiti ESS is seeking an expat or Haitian Team Leader/Evaluation Specialist consultant to lead all technical and management aspects of the ATTAIN evaluation. The Team Leader/Evaluation Specialist will be expected to work closely with the local data collection firm, the Haiti ESS team as well as the SI headquarters project management team to ensure quality and timely deliverables.
The evaluation level of effort is approximately 8 – 12 weeks, inclusive of three to four consecutive weeks of data collection and analysis in Haiti.
- Manage and lead the baseline team in a respectful and transparent manner, ensuring achievement of deliverables.
- Coordinate the baseline implementation and author the final baseline report.
- Assign baseline responsibilities and tasks among team members.
- Provide oversight on the data collection and analysis, ensuring data quality.
- Take ultimate responsibility for writing all reports associated with the project including, but not limited to the baseline design (including tools) as well as the draft and final reports in conformity with SI and USAID regulations, and the scope of work.
- Manage all deadlines and record maintenance—including, but not limited to, collecting, and managing quantitative data, producing notes for all qualitative data collection events for delivery to USAID.
- Assist Haiti ESS in maintaining good working relationships with USAID, Government of Haiti counterparts, local organizations, and other program partners.
- Collaborate with the SI headquarters and Haiti ESS staff with strategic and operational planning to implement the approved work plan.
- Minimum of a master’s degree in economics, Business (MBA), MSc in Finance, Public Policy or other Business development/Finance or economic related field.
- Documented track record of 10 years’ experience in leading and supporting evaluations and/or assessments and organizational skills necessary to successfully manage and coordinate a technical team. Demonstrated experience in evaluating economic growth activities is required.
- Expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies (interviews, focus group discussions, etc.) to collect the required data in a timely manner.
- Strong background in finance, capacity building, and micro, small and medium enterprise (MSME) development.
- Ability to understand financial mechanisms and infrastructure for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) and know how to foster relationships with diverse local counterparts, including government representatives, MSME, donors, and donor-funded implementers.
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation and presentation skills with fluent spoken, written, and reading abilities in English and French.
- Work experience with USAID is an asset.
- Sound knowledge of Haitian social, economic, and political dynamics, preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout Haiti to attend to contract implementation tasks.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact and specific opportunities currently available in Haiti, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.