Project Background and Job Summary:
RTI International is implementing the USAID Transforming the Education System for Teachers and Students in Liberia (TESTS) Activity. This activity will work closely with and support the Liberian Ministry of Education (MOE) to improve the quality of teachers’ instruction in early childhood education and primary grades. This position is based in Monrovia, Liberia. The successful candidate must possess excellent oral and written communication skills including fluency in English.
RTI seeks a Grants Officer who will provide technical assistance, support, and review all grants generated by TESTS. She/he will ensure that the grant programs follow the RTI and USAID policies and procedures and will be responsible for preparing reports as well as quarterly accrual reports for all grants between the ranges of activities. This position will provide support to the TESTS Finance Manager.
Field trips are require
Minimum Required Education & Experience
Master’s degree and 3 years of experience or Bachelor’s Degree and 6 years of experience in Business Administration or Financial Management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills & Abilities
The skills and abilities required to perform the essential job duties of this job are listed below. An addendum that clarifies additional skills and abilities for incumbents in this job may be used in addition to this description.
- An understanding of and commitment to RTI’s mission and values
- Discretion in judgment and management of confidential matters, materials, and sensitive issues
- Ability to answer most inquiries and questions independently and follow up on requests in an efficient manner
- Ability to resolve problem situations and communicate tactfully and effectively, both orally and in writing, and ability to deal with persons of diverse cultures
- Ability to understand and interpret policies and procedures as well as the ability to apply them with consistency in a variety of circumstances
- Ability to function independently and carry out routine responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Must be proficient in MS Excel and working knowledge of accounting software is preferable
- Must be able to communicate in English (written and oral)
- Ability to work well in a team environment and train others in financial reporting
- Ability to follow guidelines and controls required of the position
- Ability to monitor the progress of a project against milestones or deadlines, double-check the accuracy of information to discover weakness or missing data, and strive for high-quality performance
- Ability to plan, develop, manage, and evaluate projects of the scope and complexity described above
- Very good knowledge of the concepts, principles, techniques, and practices of the professional field of specialization indicated
- Knowledge of the grantees’ finance, perspectives, objectives, and priorities
- Knowledge of Liberia regulations
- Availability to travel.
Physical and mental demands of this role include those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, as outlined above. Examples include: remaining in a stationary position for long periods of time; operating a computer and other office machinery; thinking, learning, and concentrating effectively and frequently communicating with other people, both within RTI and outside of RTI; frequently moving about inside and travel between offices and grantee locations; frequently conducting grantee site inspections (if applicable); ability to handle the stress associated in meeting frequent, multiple and tight deadlines; ability to work in excess of 40 hours per week as workload and deadlines may require; ability to have regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.