QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
The purpose of the USAID/Jordan Business Growth Activity (BGA) is to promote SME development in Jordan through strengthening the competitiveness of Jordanian SMEs, improving the policy environment in which they work, and increasing their access to finance. This position manages a team of grant professionals to oversee $5 million of Grants Under Contract (GUCs). It will be the principle point of contact on grants management and compliance with sub-grantees.
• Manage a team of 3 grants professionals.
• Oversee financial management and accounting in a professional, efficient, effective, and compliant manner. This includes reviewing advance payments to the sub-grantees and ensuring that the advances are liquidated accurately and in a timely manner.
• Maintain grant files as required by the donors
• Ensure grant-tracking data base is kept up to date
• Conduct monitoring meetings,
• Provide training, oversight and support of grants staff for the preparation of reports and documentation required under various grants.
• Conduct spot checks to ensure that grants are being tracked correctly.
• Develop materials to facilitate grants compliance. In addition, identify compliance gaps with sub-grantees and related solutions.
• Review fiscal and performance activities to ensure compliance with statutory, grant and contract requirements.
• Take lead in monitoring timely sub-grants closure activities by engaging both finance and program staff well in advance of closure deadlines.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance or related field; a professional accounting qualification will be an added advantage
• At least three years’ experience working on large project and experience with USAID funded programs/projects necessary, particularly experience with USAID grants
• Experience with accounting software is a plus
• Possess a high standard of personal and professional integrity
• Willingness to work as a team member, taking on additional tasks as needed to ensure the overall success of the project
• High level of attention to detail, ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
• Strong analytical and inter-personal skills
• Ability to work under pressure and in a culturally sensitive environment
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• Fluent in oral and written English and excellent writing skills
• Ability to work in a challenging environment, under high pressure and ability to cope with tight deadlines
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume/CV.
- Click on this link to complete a USAID Biodata/1420 form, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application.
- You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume/CV, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without either a resume/CV and/or biodata may not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted; no phone calls please.
A submitted application to QED in response to a position on a bid or proposal, indicates your agreement to be included in our submission to the client at least on an illustrative named basis.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. AA/V/D. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.