Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI, and demonstrating the core values in their day-to-day operations.
The International Republican Institute (IRI) is seeking a Grants Manager for the USAID Mali 2018 Elections Support. The purpose of this program is to provide support to Mali’s 2018 election and post-elections processes.
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing large grants, including budget development and tracking, financial oversight, and work with local civil society organizations, preferably in Mali or in the Sahel region
- Demonstrated experience in managing and working with large USAID grants
- Strong interpersonal and management skills to work with a range of technical staff and develop and maintain professional relationships with a wide range of partners and other donors.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Malian political context
- Well organized, able to work independently and as part of a team, skilled at handling multiple tasks, diplomatic, and able to adhere to deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work in complex, politically charged environments facing security challenges
- Fluency in both English and French (written and spoken) required
- A Bachelors degree is required; an advanced Master’s degree is desirable.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities
- Supports Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party to provide overall grant management, oversight of grant implementation processes and engagement with local partners and subawardees/subcontractors.
- Serves as point of contact for international and domestic partners on grant related matters
- Oversees and provides support to subawardees, ensuring understanding and compliance with policies and timely and accurate completion of requirements
- Manages and supervises the work of program personnel and subawardees/subcontractors
- Assists field office staff and serves as the resident expert on grant compliance
- Ensures that all assistance is compliant with local laws and USAID regulations
- Coordinates with HQ program team to monitor and track financial and reporting requirements.
- Ensures upkeep of grant database
- Preforms other duties as assigned
Bachelors or better in Political Science or related field.
5 years: Experience managing large grants, including budget development and tracking