NRC in Iran
The Islamic Republic of Iran hosts an estimated 3,6 million Afghans, one of the largest and most protracted refugee caseload worldwide. NRC supports the Government efforts towards refugees, displaced and disaster affected populations. We have grown to become the largest international NGO, currently operating in 8 provinces across the country.
NRC Iran delivers humanitarian and development assistance in the sectors of Education, Livelihoods, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Shelter construction, as well as Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA). We co-lead several technical inter-agency working groups and provide capacity building to humanitarian partners in country.
About the position: Grants Manager in NRC Iran
The Grants Manager will contribute to achieving high quality programming by ensuring effective grants management including, compliance requirements, reporting, timely and quality proposal development, and internal and external communication. He or she will be lead on organization assessments of partners and draft partner agreements and MoUs in coordination with the Head of Programme and Head of Support. The Grants Manager line manages the Grants Coordinator, ensures NRC programme/support teams are fully informed of relevant donor compliance regulations and NRC procedures, manages donor and other external reporting, and coordinates grant revisions. He or she will also contribute to the capacity- building of NRC implementing Partners as per the needs assessed. She or he also supports donor communication by ensuring effective channels of internal and external communications relating to grants are established and respected. He or she will contribute to the identification of lessons learnt and incorporate them into the next round of programming. The Grants Manager supports development of proposals and opportunity identification, as required.
The Grants Manager reports to the Head of Programme.
Role and responsibilities:
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance, and procedures;
- Support overview and maintenance of all grants, donor requirements, rules and regulations, and internal and external deadlines;
- Support the development of donor applications and reports, as well as ensuring donor compliance and quality control;
- Contribute to the development and revision of funding proposals, budgets, and donor reports;
- Be updated on donor priorities and track and share relevant calls for proposals;
- Contribute to continuously improve internal grant management systems;
- Provide an internal help-desk on donor related issues, including donor rules and regulations, as well as proposal and report writing;
- Coordinate the development and distribution of internal reports;
- Contribute to PCM procedures and usage of the NRC PCM framework in the Country Office, including inclusion of cross-cutting
- programme elements and M&E structures throughout all stages of the PCM;
- Represent with relevant partners and donors, as delegated by the Head of Programme;
- Promote the rights of refugees and displaced in line with NRC’s advocacy strategy.
Our ideal candidate:
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in a related field;
- Experience of donor relations and grants management (e.g. with institutional humanitarian and development donors);
- Good understanding of donor rules and regulations;
- Proven skills and experience in report and proposal development and working with multiple donors;
- Fluency in Farsi and English, both written and verbal
- Good personal organisational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure;
- Staff capacity-building experience;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong organisational and team working skills;
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Managing resources to optimize results
Duty Station: Tehran, Iran
This is a Family Duty Station
Contract duration: 12 months with the possibility for extension
Probation period: 3 months
Salary/Benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location