Chemonics seeks a grants manager to support an anticipated multi-year fund management and technical assistance programme to be funded by the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO). The Jordan Inclusive and Accountable Governance Project (IAGP) is part of the Conflict Security and Stability Fund (CSSF) Jordan: Political and Economic Resilience Programme (PERP). The desired impact of PERP is to mitigate destabilising effects of change by enabling political and economic reform and strengthening resilience. IAGP will focus in strengthening relationship between state and citizens. It will work with Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) to support their engagement in political processes, and with municipal governments and central ministries to enable greater transparency of government processes and improve their responsiveness to citizen’s needs. IAGP will test innovative approaches for improving transparency and public engagement in national policy decisions. Please note that this role is contingent on award of the programme.
The grants manager will work closely with the IAGP Team Leader and will be responsible for implementing and monitoring grants activities under the project’s different funding streams. This will include overseeing grant competitions, performing due diligence of potential grantees, designing agreements and scopes of work, monitoring financial and operational implementation, and ensuring that close-out is completed in accordance with the client’s requirements. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for helping people lead healthy lives around the world.
- Create financial and administrative procedures for monitoring grant expenditures, including reporting
- Manage the evaluation and selection committee process for potential grantees.
- Establish controls for expenditures and reporting on use of funds related to addressing these needs, including reviewing complex grant budgets
- Keep complete files of all documentation generated with each grantee, including applications, contracts and deliverables, communications (posters, press releases, printed documents, media documents), documentation of emails and letters, brief records of all phone conversations
- Ensure effective liaising between project technical staff and grant recipients, ensuring that recipients are provided with suitable technical advice in financial management and reporting
- Promote the highest levels of honesty, integrity, openness and transparency in administering grants and subcontract award processes and procedures
- Bachelors or master’s degree in relevant field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience, is preferred
- Prior fund management experience particularly working with CSOs and local authorities in the fields of local governance, participatory budget and planning, civil society engagement and strategic communications
- Prior experience working with FCDO/DFID is desirable
- Strong communication skills and inter-personal competencies for building professional relationships
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Arabic and English fluency required
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached with “Grants Manager – IAGP” in the subject line to email@example.com by September 30, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.