Grants Finance Specialist will work closely with the Grants Finance Manager to support the needs of Global Health and UMCOR’s program team and Accounts Payable unit. The Specialist will also support the Grants Finance Manager’s efforts to ensure a smooth grants financial management process with partners, UMC and Health Departments/Development office of the UMC as per UMCOR’s Grant Financial Management Policy.
Under the direction of Grants Finance Manager of Global Health and UMCOR, the Associate Grants Finance Manager is responsible for the following responsibilities:
· Maintain a comprehensive grants tracking control report;
· Maintain a comprehensive Advance and Project’s tracking control report;
· Coordinate with program team to review and assure the completeness and sufficient grant’s documents for funds disbursement request;
· Facilitates between program team and Accounts Payable on fund disbursement request and prepare summary information for funds transfer;
· Prepare funds disbursement tracking report;
· Maintain partner’s wire transfer information;
· Maintain approved grants documents;
· Review grantee’s procurement documents and recommend approval;
· Review the assigned grants budget and financial reports;
· Assure completeness of grants support documents on the Mission Central;
· Acting as focal point for grants audit.
· Under the supervision of Global Health and UMCOR’s Grants Finance Manager, working closely with assigned Health Departments/Development office of the UMC, UMC, partners and grantees.
· Working closely with Global Health and UMCOR’s program team and maintain a smooth and meaningful relationship between grants finance and program team.
· Perform any other tasks as suggest by Global Health and UMCOR’s Grant Finance Manager.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES:
· BA in Accounting or related field.
· Minimum of three years’ work experience in a similar position.
· Experiences on grants and project financial management is a plus.
· Computer literate and knowledge of MS Office especially advance in excel & spreadsheet.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Experiences with Not-for profit Organization at field office is a plus.
· High degree of organizational and reporting ability with attention to detail and flexibility.
· Ability to work effectively and independently in a cross-cultural environment with diverse personalities and working styles.
· Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
NOTE: No relocation will be offered, applicants must live in the Atlanta area