- Grants Management:
- Lead project proposal development processes as may be required from time to time, ensuring adherence to laid down NRC procedures.
- Orient field staff on donor requirements and monitor compliance.
- Contribute to maintenance of up to date project documentation and secure archiving.
- Facilitate high quality and timely project reporting.
- Coordinate regular and inclusive project progress reviews and facilitate appropriate corrective actions, including informing donors, as may be required.
- Proactively contribute to strategies and actions aimed at building effective donor relationships.
- Ensure the grant tracking report is updated and implemented to ensure timely reporting.
- Consolidate budgets and financial reports for review by the Finance Manager and Grants Manager.
- Undertake proposal and grant application reviews to assess compliance with NRC and donor guidelines.
- Participate in the closure of projects and coordinate with the finance teams to close the projects on time.
- Review all grants on a monthly basis in terms of budget versus actual, identify areas of over or under expenditure, instigate remedial actions and liaise over required correction.
- Participate in preparation/updating of the master budget at country level, working closely with the finance teams.
- Share lessons learnt and good practices of financial grants reporting.
- Developing high quality budgets.
- Developing the top down of the budgets and sharing with the area program team and finance coordinators.
- Making sure that the budgets are reviewed and cross checked with the compliance of the donors before submitting to the Grants Manager.
- Supporting the country finance manager on budgeting and reporting for issues related to budget and reports.
- Assist and work closely with Yemen budget holders on budget management-detailed Budget monitoring, high burn rates and Budget revisions.
- Any other duty as assigned by the line manager.
- Financial Reporting:
- Coordinate the financial aspects of the multi-governorates, multi-year, multi-partner programs in line with donor requirements.
- Ensure all financial aspects of project operations, strong internal control system, accurate and on time submission of donor financial reports.
- Consolidate financial reports, fund requests and budget amendments in a timely fashion throughout the life of the projects.
- Ensure the grant tracking report is updated and implemented to ensure timely reporting while liaising with the relevant finance teams.
- University degree in Accounting and Finance or Equivalent
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Associate of the Chartered Institute of Certified Accountants (ACCA) or equivalent
- At least 5 years of financial and grants management experience in an INGO. Experience of managing EC, ECHO, DFID, SIDA, UN will have an added advantage
- Good communication and coordination skills
- Finance / Economics
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Solid experience of work with windows based computer software, and modern accounting-systems
- Good ability to plan for different sets of scenarios in relation to budgets and plans
- Excellent project management, accounting and expenditure verification, attention to detail
- Understanding of issues in complex emergencies and crisis contexts
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills
- Ability to work with stress and under pressure
- Excellent ability to work independently with very limited supervision
- Ability and willingness to work and live under difficult circumstances
- Good fluency in the English language, both written and verbal
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel and standard accounting packages
- Willingness to travel to all areas of the country on a regular basis
- Flexible and creative
- 1 year (with possibility of extension).
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected