Scope of Work
Digital Frontiers is a $75 million buy-in mechanism available to USAID Bureaus and Missions from 2017-2022. DAI implements the Digital Frontiers project, which works closely with USAID’s Global Development Lab (GDL), the Center for Digital Development (CDD), USAID missions, the private sector, and international and local development organizations to identify successful and sustainable digital development approaches and scale their impact globally.
The Grants, Contracts, and Operations Associate will provide support to the Grants and Contracts Manager to ensure efficient management of the grants and contracts aspects of the project. S/he will assist in the day-to-day work of project grants and contracts processes in coordination with other staff as the position’s primary responsibility. S/he will also provide surge support the Operations and Finance team to ensure efficient manage of the operational aspects of the project.
Grants and Contracts
- Responsible for day-to-day monitoring of grant and subcontract distribution and activities under the project.
- Ensures full compliance with DAI and US government policies, best practices, and procedures relating to subcontracts and grant development, awards, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and grant and contract close-out.
- Assists in the development of procurement documents such as RFQ/RFAs, grant agreements, and subcontracts, as well as the evaluation and selection process.
- Maintains documentation and reporting in accordance with USAID and DAI guidelines.
- Identifies issues and risks related to activity fund implementation.
- Conducts pre-award audits of possible grantee organizations, in addition to periodic audits during implementation and at close-out.
- Update the project’s grants manual, as required.
- Ensures that all grantee/activity monitoring reports and data are correctly entered into the project’s Activity Database (i.e. TAMIS) on a regular basis.
- Assembles data required on a recurrent basis to assist in the preparation of reports, analysis, and presentations on grantee/activity performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Finance and Operations
- General Operations and Administration: support on the operational and administrative functions of the project including but not limited to: home office communication, administrative records, inventory, project policies, staff training, project office administration.
- Financial and Budget Management: support the financial and budget management including but not limited to: expense report/invoice processing, supplier set up, budget and buy-in budget tracking and projections, drafting potential buy-in budgets.
- Procurement: support the project procurement process including but not limited to managing procurements, assisting in subcontract onboarding and vendor managements, procurement record keeping, compliance with DAI and USAID policies.
- Personnel and recruitment: support the project on personnel and recruitment efforts including but not limited to recruiting long term, short term, and independent consultant staff and coordinating staff ensuring DAI and USAID policies are followed on travel and with project activities.
Timeframe, LOE, and Reporting
The period of performance for this LTTA position is the date of approval – September 27, 2022. The Grants, Contracts, and Operations Associate will report to the Grants and Contracts Manager. When providing surge support to the Finance and Operations team s/he will coordinate with the Finance and Operations Manager.
Qualifications and Incentives
This is a mid-level position with a lot of opportunity for growth on an exciting and dynamic project. Digital Frontiers works on the forefront of important USAID intiatives such as the Agency-wide Digital Strategy roll out and the Indo-Pacific Digital Connectivity and Cybersecurity Partnership, as well as various digital innovation challenge activities.
The ideal candidate will have at least 1 year of DAI experience; 5-7 years of work experience overall.
We are located in beautiful downtown Washington, DC at a WeWork office. You’ll have complimentary fruit water, nitro coffee, a gym, and roof deck with a view of the White House!
Interested? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.