DAI seeks a Grants Assistant for a five-year, $24 million dollar USAID-funded agriculture program. The Feed the Future Uganda Inclusive Agricultural Markets Activity (FtF IAM) works with agro-industry/agribusiness firms, Government of Uganda institutions and agencies, and market actor organizations on creating efficiencies in cross-market functions that enhance systemic changes to sustainably increase incomes and improve the livelihoods of households through agriculture-led inclusive economic growth. The Activity contributes to the Global Food Security Strategy (GFSS) Uganda Country Plan goal of reducing hunger, malnutrition, and poverty, as well as the USAID/Uganda Country Development Cooperation Strategy’s (CDCS) 2016-2021 five-year goal of strengthening Uganda’s systems to accelerate inclusive education, health, and economic outcomes. The Activity works throughout the FtF Uganda Zone of Influence (ZOI), which covers 38 districts spread across four regions of Uganda.
- Coordinate grant activities including liaising with grantees and coordinating with the Finance Manager and Procurement Officer.
- Assist Grants Manager in reviewing grantee proposals, applications, and budgets for cost reasonableness and adherence to grant management strategy and policies.
- Support training of local grantees in compliance with USAID assistance regulations, and DAI grant policies and procedures.
- Assist Grants Manager in preparing, analyzing and evaluating submissions to Requests for Applications (RFAs), or other solicited and unsolicited proposals, as outlined in the Activity’s Grants Manual.
- Help facilitate Grant Selection Committees, in compliance with the required evaluation process.
- Maintain accurate grant documentation.
- Assist Grants Manager in overseeing grant implementation from execution and signing of the award, monitoring of and documenting grantee activities, administrative actions, as necessary, and final reports.
- Review grant deliverables, in coordination with Grants Manager, and vouchers for payment before disbursements are made.
- Take part in grant closeout procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by the Grants Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field required.
- 3-5 years demonstrated experience in the grants management and administration, with international donor-funded projects preferred.
- Working knowledge of USAID Contract Management and Grants Management policies and procedures preferred, particularly in regards to fixed obligation grants.
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal controls.
- Fluent English required.
The Grants Assistant will have no supervisory responsibilities.
Base of Operations:
The Grants Assistant reports to the Grants Manager.
Please apply via this link https://fs9.formsite.com/daisuppliers/uxs0irngkl/index.html by December 15, 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. No phone inquiries, please.