CARE is seeking a Grants and Finance Manager. As a member of both the Gender & Empowerment and Innovation teams, the shared position of Grants and Financial Manager will help to promote operational excellence in financial and grants management. Specifically, this shared position will be responsible for harmonizing operational processes and the stewardship of the Innovation & Gender and Empowerment (GE) grant portfolios and leading the coordination of processes aimed at securing and promoting the effective stewardship of the Innovation & GE units funding portfolios.
The Grants and Finance Manager is responsible for developing and deploying a robust system of financial and grants management for the growing Innovation & GE funding portfolios with a combined operating budget of over $5 million a year. This system will ensure that resources from multiple grants secured by CARE and partner agencies are made available in a timely and transparent fashion to program implementation teams at CARE USA HQ and Country Offices (as well as partner organizations where necessary); that regular and comprehensive information on the use of those resources is captured and made available in a clear and accessible form to CARE and partner agencies managing project grants; that donor conditions and requirements pertaining to specific grants, including reporting requirements, are clearly understood and complied with; and that accurate, up-to-date budgetary and financial information is available to support operational decision-making by the Innovation & Gender and Empowerment leadership teams. The Innovation & GE Grants and Finance Manager will also support the Innovation & GE Strategy teams in the financial and budgetary aspects for further resource mobilization for priority areas. By ensuring that all financial and grants management aspects of the Innovation & GE portfolios are efficiently and effectively managed, the Grants and Financial Manager will make a significant contribution to the Innovation & GE team’s work to promote, support and sustain improved compliance to both CARE and donor requirements and promoting the CARE brand as a reliable and accountable entity.
- Manager sub-granting and procurement
- Ensure compliance
- Liaise with Partners and Vendors
- Prepare annual operating budgets for both the Innovation and GE units.
- Support Tipping Point and SxD (GE Unit) project budgeting and donor reporting.
- Track all key financial parameters of the projects, including budget allocations, expenditure rates, variances and projections, and make accurate and up-to-date information available to the team members to support reporting and decision-making.
- Prepare financial reports for donors.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or economics, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 5 years progressively responsible experience in financial and grants management in a non-profit environment.
- Experience in non-profit accounting environment including development and managing multi-year project budgets.
- 5 years experience in financial reporting.
- Experience managing USAID grants/contracts and/or other bilateral/multilateral donor funding.
- Strong skills in accounting.
- Strong sills in financial analysis and reporting.
- Strong skills in budgeting and data consolidation.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Strong skills in written communication, including effective report writing.
- Strong skills in inter-personal communications, able to work effectively with multiple stakeholders in a complex, multi-actor environment.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and the ability to work effectively across a wide variety of cultural contexts.
- Strong team player, able to develop and maintain effective working relationships within a distributed and dynamic team.
- Flexible, creative and solution-oriented approach in an innovative environment.
- Competence with MS Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Fluency in Spanish, French or any other language used in CARE countries/regions highly desirable.