PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH is currently recruiting for a Grants and Contracts Officer who will be responsible for the provision of contracts and sub-agreement support to sub awardees and will ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of the awards, applicable to PATH and other donor administrative principles, polices and regulations. S/he will report to the Contracts and Grants Specialist and will work closely with sub awardees, the finance team, and program teams to ensure compliance with all policies and procedures as outlined in the grant documents.
- Work collaboratively with the Contracts and Grants Specialist to finalize sub agreement award documents.
- Participate in Pre-Award assessment process and ensure organizations have the capacity to appropriately manage their sub award.
- Participate in the analysis and evaluation of grant applications.
- In collaboration with the program teams, and Finance team develop grant budgets that correspond with Sub Awardee’s technical scope of work.
- Ensure each Sub Awardee has an active contract at all times.
- Ensure Sub Awardees adhere to contractual and donor regulations at all times.
- Work collaboratively with Finance team and the program staff to monitor sub recipient performance to ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of award.
- Conduct all grants management reporting, budget monitoring, and other operational activities related to Sub Awardee compliance.
- Prepare monthly a summary financial report for each Sub Awardee and submit to the Contracts and Grants Specialist.
- Ensure that each sub awardee submits appropriate advance or invoice for funding in a timely manner.
- Ensure each Sub Awardees receives the necessary funds to carry out their technical scope of work while ensuring that the obligated amount of funds is not overspent.
- Monitor Sub Awardees’ expenditures against approved budget and program objectives and ensure that Cash Request/invoice Checklist is completed for each Request.
- Provides on-going assistance and on-the-job training as necessary to Sub Awardees to administer their sub agreements in compliance with all terms and conditions.
- Transfer grants management skills to local partners at site level.
- Ensure amendments to contract are developed and processed in a timely manner, as needed.
- Address problems or concerns with management of Sub Awards in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintain a list/log for each Sub Awardee of significant deficiencies and the status for each deficiency, e.g., resolved, steps being taken.
- In collaboration with the Finance team, provide training to Sub Awardees on the Sub Award, PATH’s and other donor rules and regulations on financial management.
- Ensure all outstanding audit findings are addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Assist in the sub agreement closeout process.
- Provide ad hoc reports to Contracts & Grants Specialist or PATH staff as requested in a timely and accurate manner.